Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1454
Registration date : 2007-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thorns

Post by DoubleDipper on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:53 am

Not surprising there were no Pilots selected in the NWSL College Draft today, but I did hear the Thorns drafted a familiar name and face when they selected OSU goalkeeper Bella Geist in the 3rd round.

The Thorns first pick was at #8, and with it they chose MF Sandra Yu from Notre Dame and with the #9 overall pick they selected MF Gabby Seiler from the University of Florida.

Got all that while listening to the car radio, so I don't have an internet news source to back it up, and I don't know if the draft is over, sorry.  Embarassed
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7108
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thorns

Post by PilotDrummer on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:14 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Not surprising there were no Pilots selected in the NWSL College Draft today, but I did hear the Thorns drafted a familiar name and face when they selected OSU goalkeeper Bella Geist in the 3rd round.

The Thorns first pick was at #8, and with it they chose MF Sandra Yu from Notre Dame and with the #9 overall pick they selected MF Gabby Seiler from the University of Florida.

Got all that while listening to the car radio, so I don't have an internet news source to back it up, and I don't know if the draft is over, sorry.  Embarassed
Correct on all accounts; I was following via Twitter between meetings. Here's the Thorns release: https://www.timbers.com/post/2018/01/18/thorns-fc-select-three-players-2018-nwsl-college-draft
PilotDrummer
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 498
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thorns playing at Merlo Field March 11, 14, 17.

Post by DoubleDipper on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:28 pm

As part of the 3rd-annual Thorns Spring Invitational at UP, March 11-17, the Thorns, the US U-23 National Team, the Chicago Red Stars, and the Houston Dash will square off.

Sunday March 11 @ 11:30am -- Houston vs. U-23
Sunday March 11 @ 5pm -- Thorns vs. Chicago

Wednesday March 14 @ 1:30pm -- Chicago vs. Houston
Wednesday March 14 @ 7:30pm -- Thorns vs. U-23

Saturday March 17 @ 1:30pm -- Houston vs. U-23
Saturday March 17 @ 7:30pm -- Thorns vs. Houston

It's NOT free...individual tickets for the three Thorns games are $7 each...general admission.

Sale to the "general public" starts on February 23 at https://www.timbers.com/thornsfc

Here's the Thorns' release with all the information:
www.oregonlive.com/portland-thorns/2018/02/portland_thorns_to_host_thorns.html
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7108
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum