Countdown

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:22 am

DoubleDipper wrote:From the WCC coaches today:
Team (First Place Votes) Points
1. Gonzaga (eight) 80
2. BYU (1) 72
3. Saint Mary's (1) 66
4. San Francisco 51
5. San Diego 50
6. Loyola Marymount 44
7. Pacific 28
8. Santa Clara 25
9. Portland 24
10. Pepperdine 10
 
I've seen quite a bit of chatter about Arizona State being "handled" in a secret scrimmage this weekend by San Francisco.....and a number of pundits are predicting no worse than 3rd for the Cole Dickerson lead Dons.
 
ASU was picked 7th in the PAC-12....

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:57 pm

By now everyone probably knows that starting this coming Friday all the games will be broadcast on Sport 910 AM....with Bill Johnson doing the play-by-play for something like his 21st year.
 
Sport 910 will definitely be an upgrade over the weak signal from the previous station, and the audio will be simulcast streamed on PortlandPilots.com.
 
Most Monday nights 7-7:30 PM, Coach Reveno will be taking questions from call-ins and tweets....his first Monday night show is TONIGHT!!
 
Call in live with questions 503-542-0910 or tweet @PortlandPilots with hashtag #Pilotson910

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 am

So, did anyone on PN listen to the show last evening?
 
I was told Rev was off recruiting, and AD Scott Leykam ably filled-in...

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DTLegend on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:17 am

I listened and Bill said that Rev had a previously scheduled speaking event. He mentioned it was some sort of leadership thing if I remember correctly but I'm not positive about that. They aired a previously recorded interview with Coach where he covered the new Pilots as well as the trip to Spain. No new information really other than David Carr is Doubtful for the season opener. He also mentioned the depth of the WCC as a whole and mentioned he was happy with the Pilots secret scrimmage and there are rumors about another WCC team (SF) that handled a Pac12 team (ASU) pretty easily. Of course he didn't mention the institutions, that is the rumor that has been going around.

After that interview AD Scott Leykam was on the show where he talked a little about the team, adding depth and shooting, and took one questions about expectations and he just said that everyone in the program is excited.

Should be an awesome show during the season, but I hope they take more time for questions.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 367
Age : 28
Location : Denver
Registration date : 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DTLegend on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm

I just wrote an article about 5 bold predictions for the 2013-2014 Season. These predictions are bold in the fact that they would for sure surprise people if they were to happen. I'd say that the chance of each of these happening differ. Some I'd say have a 80% chance of happening, others probably a 10%.

http://westcoastconvo.com/2013/11/07/portland-pilots-basketball-5-bold-predictions/

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 367
Age : 28
Location : Denver
Registration date : 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by NoPoNeighbor on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Those are some BOLD predictions! How come Horton put his byline on your article, though? He wants to take credit when your predictions come true?

NoPoNeighbor
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DTLegend on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:51 pm

No it's because I was having trouble uploading it on my computer so he uploaded it, and we all know a Gonzaga fan would never make those predictions

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 367
Age : 28
Location : Denver
Registration date : 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:19 am

DoubleDipper wrote:By now everyone probably knows that starting this coming Friday all the games will be broadcast on Sport 910 AM....with Bill Johnson doing the play-by-play for something like his 21st year.
 
Most Monday nights 7-7:30 PM, Coach Reveno will be taking questions from call-ins and tweets....his first Monday night show is TONIGHT!!
 
Call in live with questions 503-542-0910 or tweet @PortlandPilots with hashtag #Pilotson910
It is my understanding the Coaches Show, at 7 PM TONIGHT, has already been expanded to a 1 hour show so fans will have more opportunity to call or tweet their questions/comments.  Cool

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by blacksheep on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:By now everyone probably knows that starting this coming Friday all the games will be broadcast on Sport 910 AM....with Bill Johnson doing the play-by-play for something like his 21st year.
 
Most Monday nights 7-7:30 PM, Coach Reveno will be taking questions from call-ins and tweets....his first Monday night show is TONIGHT!!
 
Call in live with questions 503-542-0910 or tweet @PortlandPilots with hashtag #Pilotson910
It is my understanding the Coaches Show, at 7 PM TONIGHT, has already been expanded to a 1 hour show so fans will have more opportunity to call or tweet their questions/comments.  Cool
Any chance of a podcast for those of us that can't sit by a radio at 7?

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 928
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Yes! It should be available on the UP Athletics website the day after the broadcast.

Standby for details.

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:24 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Yes!  It should be available on the UP Athletics website the day after the broadcast.

Standby for details.
1. Go to www.portlandpilots.com
2. At mid-page, click “Live Video” taking the viewer to “Game Central”
3. Click “On Demand”
4. Click “Pilots Basketball Coaches Show”
 
**Until the broadcast is available, you will see “Audio Archive pending”**
 
(Next week's broadcast will be on Wednesday evening as the Pilots will be in Lansing on Monday night.)

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by blacksheep on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:56 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:Yes!  It should be available on the UP Athletics website the day after the broadcast.

Standby for details.
1. Go to www.portlandpilots.com
2. At mid-page, click “Live Video” taking the viewer to “Game Central”
3. Click “On Demand”
4. Click “Pilots Basketball Coaches Show”
 
**Until the broadcast is available, you will see “Audio Archive pending”**
 
(Next week's broadcast will be on Wednesday evening as the Pilots will be in Lansing on Monday night.)
Thanks DD. Have you ever considered a second career as a sports information director?

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 928
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 am

blacksheep wrote:Thanks DD.  Have you ever considered a second career as a sports information director?
I hear it's a fun job.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by up7587 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am

Hey, he's already doing it for us, for free! Don't give him any ideas that he should be compensated for his work here. affraid 

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3518
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by Woodless! on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:29 am

did anyone call the show? did bernie "the wolf" wolfson call Rev? That would have been rad.

Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Age : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by blacksheep on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:37 am

Woodless! wrote:did anyone call the show? did bernie "the wolf" wolfson call Rev? That would have been rad.
I'm hoping Blazer Ken called in.

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 928
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

DeanMurdoch wrote:
blacksheep wrote:Thanks DD.  Have you ever considered a second career as a sports information director?
I hear it's a fun job.
Hahaha, it would have to be FUN....as I understand the hours are long and the pay is short......unless of course you're paid in CANADIAN DOLLARS!!!!!!!tongue

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:23 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DeanMurdoch wrote:
blacksheep wrote:Thanks DD.  Have you ever considered a second career as a sports information director?
I hear it's a fun job.
Hahaha, it would have to be FUN....as I understand the hours are long and the pay is short......unless of course you're paid in CANADIAN DOLLARS!!!!!!!tongue
Yeah. That Michel on the exchange rate makes all the difference.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 pm

This repeat of my earlier post is for those who've asked how to hear a "podcast" of Rev's radio show:
DoubleDipper wrote:1. Go to www.portlandpilots.com
2. At mid-page, click “Live Video” taking the viewer to “Game Central”
3. Click “On Demand”
4. Click “Pilots Basketball Coaches Show”
 
**Until the broadcast is available, you will see “Audio Archive pending”**

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by up7587 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:This repeat of my earlier post is for those who've asked how to hear a "podcast" of Rev's radio show:
DoubleDipper wrote:1. Go to www.portlandpilots.com
2. At mid-page, click “Live Video” taking the viewer to “Game Central”
3. Click “On Demand”
4. Click “Pilots Basketball Coaches Show”
 
**Until the broadcast is available, you will see “Audio Archive pending”**
So, when I want to find an audio recording of a previous event, I click on 'Live Video'. Not very intuitive.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3518
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 pm

up7587 wrote:So, when I want to find an audio recording of a previous event, I click on 'Live Video'. Not very intuitive.
Ha, ha.....that's why everyone should tune-in to PN for everything you need to know.
 
However, in this case credit goes to the UP SID who took the time to show me the key strokes.  Cool

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6260
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Countdown

Post by blacksheep on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:01 pm

up7587 wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:This repeat of my earlier post is for those who've asked how to hear a "podcast" of Rev's radio show:
DoubleDipper wrote:1. Go to www.portlandpilots.com
2. At mid-page, click “Live Video” taking the viewer to “Game Central”
3. Click “On Demand”
4. Click “Pilots Basketball Coaches Show”
 
**Until the broadcast is available, you will see “Audio Archive pending”**
So, when I want to find an audio recording of a previous event, I click on 'Live Video'. Not very intuitive.
You could also click on the "Pilots Video" tab on the top of the page.  You'd probably still complain because it's not video, but audio. At least that tab is less wrong.  It's really hard to please everyone. Razz

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 928
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum