Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Mary's Ranked!

3 posters

Go down

St. Mary's Ranked! Empty St. Mary's Ranked!

Post by Stonehouse Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:54 am

Check it out:

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

St. Mary's is #24, Gonzaga is #23 in the coaches' poll. Still waiting for the AP poll to come out.

Congrats to the Gaels! When is the last time two WCC teams have been ranked? I'm guessing at some point of the 2002-03 season, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's pretty darn cool to see to conference teams ranked.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

St. Mary's Ranked! Empty Re: St. Mary's Ranked!

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:45 am

Awesome! Congrats to SMC.... Hopefully we can consistently have more than 1 team ranked and in the tourney!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 am

Nuts... the Gaels dropped a tough one at Southern Illinois last night. No shame in it, but still... they're probably going to drop out next week. Oh well... it was nice while it lasted! I think they can easily make their way back into it if they close out the non-conference season strong and put together a solid WCC season.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Just FYI in case people missed it... SMC is back in the rankings, checking in at #24 in the coach's poll and just outside the AP poll at #26:

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

The Zags have slipped pretty far, receiving only five votes in the AP poll and two in the coaches poll. They might need a win over Memphis to get back to the teens, though maybe just winning a bunch of WCC games will be enough.

Anyway, good luck to SMC at Texas this Saturday. Unforunately it's not on ESPN or ESPN2... you can only watch it if you get Fox Sports Southwest or have ESPN Full Court.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:35 am

Stonehouse,
A good comparision in the the polls would be Wisconsin and St Mary's with both now playing Texas (as of Sat.) Personally, I feel both teams are better than Stanford.
A piece of trivia is that Stanford was Recruiting Kramer Knutson but backed off when the Lopez brothers decided to return to school.

Mesa Pilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down