Best Goals of the Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best Goals of the Season

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 pm

There is a YouTube video with the team's best goals this season... Personally, I think #2 or #3, but to each their own. It makes me look forward to next season.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Best Goals of the Season

Post by A_Fan on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 pm

My favorite is #8 with Taylor flying in from the right side, followed up by #9 with Amanda's 1v1 nutmeg on the keeper.

A_Fan
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1432
Location : The country east of Hillsboro.
Registration date : 2007-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Goals of the Season

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:32 pm

An_Undergrad wrote:There is a YouTube video with the team's best goals this season... Personally, I think #2 or #3, but to each their own. It makes me look forward to next season.
NICE! Loved #2 and #5......loved the music too.

Um, Moraga; not Maraga....need a liberal arts major to produce these videos, not an engineer.... Razz

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6259
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Goals of the Season

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:13 am

Number 10 was pretty clever. Should have used that against ND.

Justice.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Goals of the Season

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 am

The video also shows you how much better the production values are for Pilot home games. I'd say we do the best of any WCC school that doesn't have a dedicated cable network.

PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Age : 35
Location : Section 18A, Row 5
Registration date : 2007-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Goals of the Season

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 am

PurpleGeezer wrote:Number 10 was pretty clever. Should have used that against ND.

Justice.
Yea, I don't know if we'll ever get justice. It's just one of those bad memories we will always grow from....
Good timber does not grow with ease; the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.
J. Marriott

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6259
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Goals of the Season

Post by UPSoccerFanatic on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:32 pm

I think the best goal is easy: Goal #1, by Ellen Parker, against North Carolina.

Why? Because it was the only goal in the Pilots' first ever win against the Tarheels. Because after an off year in 2011, after which many were writing the Pilots off as no longer a top team, it sent notice the Pilots can compete with the best. Because her back was to the net and she managed to direct it in off the bottom of her soccer shoe, a move that very few in the world -- woman or man -- could have accomplished. Because it is one of the most significant goals in Pilots history.

UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1701
Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Goals of the Season

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm

UPSoccerFanatic wrote:I think the best goal is easy: Goal #1, by Ellen Parker, against North Carolina.

Why? Because it was the only goal in the Pilots' first ever win against the Tarheels. Because after an off year in 2011, after which many were writing the Pilots off as no longer a top team, it sent notice the Pilots can compete with the best. Because her back was to the net and she managed to direct it in off the bottom of her soccer shoe, a move that very few in the world -- woman or man -- could have accomplished. Because it is one of the most significant goals in Pilots history.



Ok, I guess there is that Smile

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum