Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 most powerful people in US soccer...

3 posters

Go down

50 most powerful people in US soccer... Empty 50 most powerful people in US soccer...

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 am

This list was recently published:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130307/most-powerful-people-in-u-s-soccer/

A lot of times these lists are generated to spark conversation and controversy, and there are definitely some omissions that should be added. Kasey Keller should be somewhere on this list, and I think that others like Megan Rapinoe could definitely be added too. Ironically enough, I think that it was Grant Wahl who did one of the Rapinoe interviews in the past year. Power means influence on youth as well as $ in my book, and Rapinoe definitely has a lot of that...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

50 most powerful people in US soccer... Empty Re: 50 most powerful people in US soccer...

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Stunned that all college coaches combined only hit #47.

I think Grant missed this one. Without college, none of the pro scene would be possible, including the MLS.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

50 most powerful people in US soccer... Empty Re: 50 most powerful people in US soccer...

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:28 pm

rather than single out any coaches here bother looking up any of their names, I'll mention them all in one fell swoop.

Nah, this is a soccer equivalent of those Canzano articles basically listing every Nike/Blazers executive minion as the top 25 in oregon....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah, but for some reason I'm also always stunned every year when Canzano's list comes out.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down