Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun

+14
DaTruRochin
goldhelmet
PurplePrideTrumpet
bdaddy
blacksheep
dholcombe
oldtimer
DoubleDipper
onetouchfutbol
PilotNut
Geezaldinho
wrv
DTLegend
NoPoNeighbor
18 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun

Post by PilotNut Mon May 20, 2013 11:43 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Good to see David Carr is on his way back and participating in some of the conditioning drills that Coach Scott puts the team through.....
If you are referring to the player in the white shirt behind Kevin Bailey, I believe that is our newest addition, Voldy. I don't think Carr would be ready for that level of activity, yet. Everything I have heard indicates that he is hopeful to be back by the start of the season.

David is in a different photo, in the training room...
2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 97155810

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 21, 2013 10:14 am

PilotNut wrote:If you are referring to the player in the white shirt behind Kevin Bailey, I believe that is our newest addition, Voldy. I don't think Carr would be ready for that level of activity, yet. Everything I have heard indicates that he is hopeful to be back by the start of the season.
Yea, you may be correct; I guess he has yet to earn his Purple shirt. Laughing
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 21, 2013 1:36 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:I love the new path to the bottom of the bluff.
Um, you mean the “asphalt incline training surface,” as Coach Wolf calls it. Yea, I think the City of Portland built that for the UP student/athletes, but some bikers and hikers benefit too…. Laughing

2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 Bluff10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 pm

No more scrambling up the dirt trail, getting scratched up by blackberry bushes?
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Tue May 21, 2013 3:23 pm

pilotram wrote:No more scrambling up the dirt trail, getting scratched up by blackberry bushes?

Give it a couple years. There is always money in the budget for new stuff, but not to maintain it. elephant
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

blacksheep wrote:
pilotram wrote:No more scrambling up the dirt trail, getting scratched up by blackberry bushes?
Give it a couple years. There is always money in the budget for new stuff, but not to maintain it. elephant
Whoa, you're starting to sound like UP7587 Razz

2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 Stubbo10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Highest compliment! Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon May 27, 2013 11:47 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:Oh, snap. Nice find, wrv - Luka even specifically mentions UP in his quote.

I was just throwing crap at the wall with that name...he's the only one I had heard of in the Lower Mainland. Looks like there might be some substance to it!

How can you not like the name Luka Bazooka....
I asked an acquaintance in BC to give me an update on 17 year-old Luka Bazooka Zaharijevic, the youngster he’s seen playing ball from time-to-time and working out at his local gym.

“…. he’s much sleeker at 6-8/270 than he was when he was 30 pounds lighter…and he’s working much harder than ever before on getting in physical shape for the college game….and his hard work is paying off for the straight-A student” he wrote.

“He started putting in longer hours in the gym, hitting the weight room and cutting out all junk food. He’s well aware a big man can set himself apart with soft hands and fast feet, and that is what he’s really becoming known for here in BC…..and he is benefiting from months of speed training and thousands of free throws” he went on to write.

So, does Luka come south when he graduates? I’m sure WCC schools are aware of him….but I’ve still not heard of any schools recruiting him.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 3:04 am

Luka Z. is off to UBC - should come out in the next couple of days if not already confirmed somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 8:46 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:Luka Z. is off to UBC - should come out in the next couple of days if not already confirmed somewhere.

Check that, confirmed three days ago by @DRIVEBasketball - https://twitter.com/DRIVEBasketball/status/338184508107026432

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 28, 2013 9:22 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:
DeanMurdoch wrote:Luka Z. is off to UBC - should come out in the next couple of days if not already confirmed somewhere.
Check that, confirmed three days ago by @DRIVEBasketball - https://twitter.com/DRIVEBasketball/status/338184508107026432
Congratulations to Luka.....it's got to be an exciting time for the entire family to have Luka close to home and going college.

Just from what I've been told....Luka will be a good one, it's just that he's a "couple of years off." Hmm, that's never stopped us before. Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 9:29 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Just from what I've been told....Luka will be a good one, it's just that he's a "couple of years off." Hmm, that's never stopped us before. Razz
I should be able to provide some sort of a Bazooka update on, ohhh, let's say November 1 or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Alec arrives in Portland on the 18th or 19th and starts class on June 24th....one month to the day after his high school graduation, I believe.
Ditto for Aitor....arrives on the weekend and starts class on the Monday the 24th. #jetlag Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 am

At the risk of repetition, Reveno seems to agree that the new players will have a positive impact and probably likewise anticipates their arrival:

"Really pleased with the 4 new players we have joining the team for 2013-14. Meet either need for "immediate impact" and/or position.”

As has been posted, he also wrote about a potential walk on, but I am not sure whether his comment was aspirational or referred to someone in particular. There is no word yet that a player has walked on. Is such a player available in June, at least outside of Tebbutt, who I do not think is likely to walk-on?

"Now hoping to add recruited walk-on with tremendous upside (WCC impact player) that can bring very much needed skill set to program.”

BTW, when is the last time a walk on earned a scholarship at Portland? Off the top of my head, I think Sydney Watson’s son was the last. Notwithstanding the hope to obtain a walk-on who will impact at the WCC level, there are long odds against it.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:52 pm

wrv wrote:As has been posted, (Reveno) also wrote about a potential walk on, but I am not sure whether his comment was aspirational or referred to someone in particular. There is no word yet that a player has walked on. Is such a player available in June, at least outside of Tebbutt, who I do not think is likely to walk-on?
You are correct, wrv, Tebbutt is NOT a candidate to walk-on at UP....weird situation, I hope Jordan and his dad know what they are doing.....
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 am

bdaddy wrote:Has anybody heard of Josh Hearlihy? He was a former Utah commit that I've seen linked to UP on a few recruiting sites.
Sorry, a little late reporting this....Josh signed with Tulane in April.

He's a guy UP apparently had an offer to at one time, but after being turned away at Utah he prepped in Mass. and is now in New Orleans.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:Anyone know what the deal is with Dezmyn Trent? SG out of Henry Foss HS in Tacoma....no college interest listed on his ESPN recruiting page.

Hey, maybe I'll text him to ask...he tweeted his cell number yesterday  Rolling Eyes
Dezmyn signed with Boise St. in April.....I did NOT tweet or call him. Evil or Very Mad
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:42 pm

CoachReveno: Great to welcome our new players to The Bluff! Just met with them on team expectations and Univ. policies. #reslife
2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 Freshm10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Good lad, that Xubi.

Prior to coming UP, Xubi generally wore the #9 jersey for his various clubs/teams, but as that is one of the numbers not allowed by the NCAA, he has chosen #54 (5+4=9).  

Xubi could have chosen the available #45, but deferred just in case Oskars returns and "wants his old number back."  Basketball

(The number 6, 7, 8, and 9 are not allowed on basketball jerseys because most referees have only enough fingers to indicate the numbers 1-5 to the official score keeper).
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:48 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Good lad, that Xubi.

Prior to coming UP, Xubi generally wore the #9 jersey for his various clubs/teams, but as that is one of the numbers not allowed by the NCAA, he has chosen #54 (5+4=9).  

Xubi could have chosen the available #45, but deferred just in case Oskars returns and "wants his old number back."  Basketball

(The number 6, 7, 8, and 9 are not allowed on basketball jerseys because most referees have only enough fingers to indicate the numbers 1-5 to the official score keeper).

Central Pennsylvania had a pretty good percentage of People born with 6 fingers. Turns out to be a dominant mutation in people as it is with New England cats. ( one of my friends had a cat named Claud who looked like he was wearing boxing gloves.)

2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 23aca592c7cd9871073e5e46987713ad

With people, the issue is usually dealt with by infant surgery and generally forgotten, but there could be a Whole new opportunity for employment.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 pm

He has some very big shoes to fill taking Coky's number like that....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:He has some very big shoes to fill taking Coky's number like that....
Hmm, it would appear they're just trading numbers, to me......
2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 910
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:14 pm

But yes, you're correct, BIG shoes......
2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 Jorge_10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:26 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DaTruRochin wrote:He has some very big shoes to fill taking Coky's number like that....
Hmm, it would appear they're just trading numbers, to me......
2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 910

True. Not just anyone can drive to the Commons for dinner.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 am

Rolling Eyes   Hmm, do you suppose Xubi and Voldy think the NCAA will allow them to use those more familiar FIBA basketballs?  
2013 Recruiting: Wintering + Sharp + Zubizarreta + Gerun - Page 13 Xubi_a10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next