Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks!

4 posters

Go down

Thanks! Empty Thanks!

Post by UPWomenSoccerRookie Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:28 pm

To Garrett and his staff for molding and guiding the team, overcoming the injuries, and putting together a team that, by the end of the season, I and many others thought could win it all. Thanks for delivering the entertaining magic on the field delivered by the team of across-the-board role models.

Seniors
-for leadership this year
-for the many memories over the last 4 years
-Stephanie for your stylish and apparently effortless excellence, and for the boost you gave the team when you returned
-Angie for the magic you wove with the ball at your feet
-Michele for your improvement in ball-handling that served you well even though you no longer were up front

Freshmen
-for filling the expected voids caused by graduation
-for filling those unexpected voids caused by injuries
-for the quick development that turned positions of concern into positions of strength
-Elli for glimpses of a great future, for the 100% effort on both sides of the ball, and stepped-up performance at the end of the year
-Keelin for taking command of the middle and for owning the ball in the air
-Sophie for making the change of position so positive and, along with Stephanie, the calming influence on the rest of the team; and for the way you complimented Michelle up front
-Jessica for taking your new position and making it your own, with a strong presence on both defense and offense

And
-Michelle for blossoming into a true offensive weapon, with speed to burn the opponents, a shot which you can blast past the defenders, and your improvement in ball control that served you well, especially for that magic goal against San Diego; and yes, for the defense in the backfield as shown against Colorado and Tennessee
-Kendra for continuing to win my heart, your improvement of your ball handling and ball control, sharing the ball more, and more aggression when not on the ball; continue your improvement in aggression and share your improved willingness to share the ball with Elli

UPWomenSoccerRookie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Thanks! Empty Re: Thanks!

Post by FANatic Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:40 pm

UPWomenSoccerRookie - Wow, your anything but a rookie. Your post is one of the best structered, executed and impassioned writings I've ever seen on this board. Consider me a big fan of yours! Please continue to post in the off-season if you can come up with info or ideas, as I will be doing the same. I bet there will be a few others interested in doing that as well. Very Happy

FANatic
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:25 pm

agreed FANantic,
great post by upwomenssoccerrookie. i couldnt have said it better myself, not that i am a wordsmith! i think i will miss this class more than any that has come before it. on the other hand, what i have read about our incoming freshman class all i can say is WOW!
i loved that in the oregonian article angie said she was looking forward to next year even though she wont be playing. how can we all in pilot nation not be excited if angie is an she's not playing. thought i suspect she probably will be there participating in practices when she can.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:06 am

Well put, fozzie. I, too, thought it interesting that Angie said she was excited to return to Merlo next year to watch the team play. She said she thinks "the younger players are going to be great" in the Portland Tribune article.

Hope to see Woz practicing with the squad perhaps this spring for the exhibition season, and again in the fall when the team is short-handed and she's in town. I do hope she makes the Olympic team. I think Wozzie has a great future in soccer and I hope that the new league is viable and Angie has a long and prosperous carreer. Smile
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Trenchcoat Wally Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:05 pm

I am happy with this years season. With the challenges faced by the team, they did pretty good. If the Pilots would have had the twins, I would be in the champions blog now. Next year will be great!

I look forward to the continued evolution of the Clive Charles Complex.
Trenchcoat Wally
Trenchcoat Wally
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum