Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Session Tickets to 2013 WCC Championships on Sale DEC. 3

+4
ShipstadPilot11
blacksheep
DoubleDipper
wccsports
8 posters

Go down

All-Session Tickets to 2013 WCC Championships on Sale DEC. 3 Empty All-Session Tickets to 2013 WCC Championships on Sale DEC. 3

Post by wccsports Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:11 am

All-Session ticket packages for the 2013 West Coast Conference Men's and Women's Basketball Championships will go on sale to the general public beginning at 10 a.m. PST on Monday, December 3. The 2013 West Coast Conference Basketball Championships will once again be held at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas from March 6 - March 11.

Go to WCCsports.com for more info!!!

wccsports
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

All-Session Tickets to 2013 WCC Championships on Sale DEC. 3 Empty Re: All-Session Tickets to 2013 WCC Championships on Sale DEC. 3

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 am

FYI...I just checked on rooms at the Orleans (online), and they are sold out for Friday through Monday (3/8-3/11).

I will call to see if there are WCC rooms set aside, but I'm guessing NO!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

All-Session Tickets to 2013 WCC Championships on Sale DEC. 3 Empty Re: All-Session Tickets to 2013 WCC Championships on Sale DEC. 3

Post by wccsports Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 am

There are rooms set aside in the "WCC Fan Block." Give them a call or use the fan code when searching - 3WCCFAN.

wccsports
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am

NOOOOOOOOO!

I've been waiting to book my room until after I get back from the December trip in the hopes of getting it comped. My guess is that if I have to use the "Fan Block", the Orleans won't comp it.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:04 pm

blacksheep wrote:NOOOOOOOOO!

I've been waiting to book my room until after I get back from the December trip in the hopes of getting it comped. My guess is that if I have to use the "Fan Block", the Orleans won't comp it.
Get your act together!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 pm

I just made my reservation with "Edwin" at the Orleans using the WCCFANBLOCK......there are currently a number of rooms available, about 300 per night, BUT.....
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm

FYI regarding room rates: I booked a single room March 6-12 (6 nights); the total for 6 nights came to $472.80. Smile
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Embarassed Well, I guess I should have booked a room earlier. Not only has the Orleans not yet comped a room for me, they are sold out (even the WCC fan block) for Sat-Mon. (there may still be some rooms coming available, but for now they are sold out)

I guess I will be finding another place to stay. Who has some good ideas for inexpensive and convenient?

I'm thinking:

Excalibur - Cheapest and relatively close. I don't know anything else about it.

Gold Coast - Cheap, relatively close and has a shuttle to the Orleans

Luxor - Also cheap and relatively close.

Flamingo - Centrally located on the strip. Close to Bill's, which has a shuttle to the Orleans

Palms - Walking distance to the Orleans.

Of the hotels I named, the Palms is the only one I've stayed at. Are there any Vegas experts out there to give me some advice.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Um, yea, I've got a place for you, but it's quite expensive:

I have a room at the Orleans, but I've also booked a room across the street from the Orleans at the Cameron Suites for 6 nights for $642 plus tax.

I know they will shorten the period if you like, but it's still pretty pricey.

I've stayed there before, and its main feature for me is it has a kitchen with refrigerator, stove, etc. and pots/pans and utensils. I will eventually cancel the room unless someone else would like to take the responsibility for it.

The people at the front desk have always been easy to work with.....

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Um, yea, I've got a place for you, but it's quite expensive:

I have a room at the Orleans, but I've also booked a room across the street from the Orleans at the Cameron Suites for 6 nights for $642 plus tax.

I know they will shorten the period if you like, but it's still pretty pricey.

I've stayed there before, and its main feature for me is it has a kitchen with refrigerator, stove, etc. and pots/pans and utensils. I will eventually cancel the room unless someone else would like to take the responsibility for it.

The people at the front desk have always been easy to work with.....

The prices above range from $414 - $624 so I don't think I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks though. I'm leaning toward Gold Coast because of the shuttle, but don't know anything about the hotel.

Edit - I just checked and and I can get a room at the Gold Coast (same player's card as the Orleans) for $318. I think Gold Coast it is.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Two times I went I stayed at excalibur and The Hotel at Madalay Bay. Both were fine but a little far from the shuttle. Taking a cab isn't too bad but its just another cost to factor in. I would say that staying somewhere near the shuttle is a huge bonus.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:04 pm

The Vu is right across the street, do they have rooms? For sleeping?
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

I've stayed at this place called the Bunny Ranch a couple times. They don't let you stay overnight, but it was a good time.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 pm

They do too let you stay overnight. They just don't let you sleep.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down