Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just for fun

3 posters

Go down

Just for fun Empty Just for fun

Post by A_Fan Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 am

I was looking at the Women's career records on the UP site this morning (us retired folks have to fill our days doing something). Now without looking them up yourselves try answering some of these questions:

1. Who has played the most games in history?

2. Who has played the most minutes?

3. Who has the most Penalty kicks taken and made?

I would have included a goalie question, but those statistics are suspect or else I don't understand them. They list Hailee DeYoung as the third winningest goalie all time with 23 wins, then under most shutouts there are 5 keepers with more than 23 shutouts. Some of them might have been shared shutouts, but I've got to think there are a few more goalies with more than 23 career wins. Am I missing something?
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Just for fun Empty Re: Just for fun

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 am

2) and 3) should be obvious, folks. You just had to look on the field at the last game.

The keeper stats are obviously suspect, since they show Kim Head with more wins than Angela Harrison, and Kim is credited with one win.

But I think you need complete games for a win, but shutouts can be shared.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Just for fun Empty Re: Just for fun

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:2) and 3) should be obvious, folks. You just had to look on the field at the last game.

The keeper stats are obviously suspect, since they show Kim Head with more wins than Angela Harrison, and Kim is credited with one win.

But I think you need complete games for a win, but shutouts can be shared.

But if I recall correctly, Kim Head has exactly no complete games, so how could she have more wins than anyone?

To add to the quiz, however, what unique distinction does Kim Head have? Those who were there or watching are not allowed to answer.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum