Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon Fires Erickson.

+3
keeper
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
7 posters

Go down

Oregon Fires Erickson. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon Fires Erickson.

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:44 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:I disagree that players don't give a thought about playing on turf... I played with a person who went from "playing in a top level european league" to "reserve league MLS" all because of a turf related knee injury. (He DID go to N Carolina and won a national title, but was demoted from central mid to defender because of a loss in explosiveness due to the knee.) If a player has professional potential, they absolutely SHOULD consider whether playing on turf could affect their career in any way. Turf has gotten better, but it will never be as good/safe as real grass.

But its all a moot point if your coach can't recruit or get anything out of those recruits and to be honest I figured it was inevitable at some point when Lauren Hansen walked away from the program by "mutual agreement"

From a player´s perspective, I also always hated playing on turf. If it was the grade of turf of Century Link Field and it was already a well supported program that would be one thing...but, I don´t think that the U of O has those advantages. The only thing worse than playing on a field with turf is adding the hash marks...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down