USF Notes

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: USF Notes

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:This is just a rumor at this stage, but there has been talk that USF's best, and my favorite player, 6-9 center Mark Tollefsen may be leaving the team.

As I recall, Tollefsen used a redshirt year and will graduate this May with a year of eligibility remaining.  

He could be looking for a graduate year somewhere in a program that USF doesn't offer. Rolling Eyes
Yup!  While others are saying, Mark Tollefsen is leaving USF, Coach Walters is saying...
Rex Walters wrote:Mark Tollefsen will be graduating this Spring and has decided that he would like to pursue opportunities at another school.
He will be eligible immediately for one more year.  Pac 12?  Cal?

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6242
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:21 am

USF is reporting that 6-9 forward Matt Christiansen has lost his "passion" for basketball and will return home and finish his degree at Oklahoma.  

By my count that means 10 players have left the 17 man roster at USF since the end of the season......five of whom still have eligibility remaining.

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:58 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:This is just a rumor at this stage, but there has been talk that USF's best, and my favorite player, 6-9 center Mark Tollefsen may be leaving the team.

As I recall, Tollefsen used a redshirt year and will graduate this May with a year of eligibility remaining.  

He could be looking for a graduate year somewhere in a program that USF doesn't offer. Rolling Eyes
Yup!  While others are saying, Mark Tollefsen is leaving USF, Coach Walters is saying...
Rex Walters wrote:Mark Tollefsen will be graduating this Spring and has decided that he would like to pursue opportunities at another school.
He will be eligible immediately for one more year.  Pac 12?  Cal?

Tollefson sighting tonight. In the Oregon-Arizona Pac-12 semifinal game, Oregon had a comfortable lead in the closing minute, up 4 with 12 seconds left. Then they missed a FT, UA came down, missed a layup with an UO block, the ball bounced out to the perimeter and a Wildcat made a 3PT with 0.07 seconds left. All UO had to do was inbounds. But the guy throwing it in was shaky, and Tollefson stepped in front of the pass, went up for a shot, and was fouled. Refs said 0.04 seconds left. I don't know how Tollefson could catch the pass and get a shot up in 0.03, but they said he did. Marc had 2 FTs to win the game. But he missed the first, made the second, and then UO closed it out in the OT.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3511
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:03 am

As much as I was rooting for Tollefson to do well last evening, I was certainly looking forward to a UO win.

Both the Ducks and Utah Utes will no doubt be exhausted going into today's Pac-12 final after both teams won in overtime last night.

USF did well this season,  but just think how much better they could have done if Tollefson had still been on the team.....Walters' biggest problem and the biggest factor in his firing IMO, 20+ players defecting in his time on the Hilltop.

Tollefson and the Wildcats will be in the Tournament, and next season he'll be a professional!

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:03 pm

This is late news, but LDS Missionary Jared Stutzman has been released from his LOI at USF....and this was prior to Rex being fired.

From his dad, Brian, in a tweet:
 Jared Stutzman ending mission April 5, has opened up his recruiting, looking to play basketball somewhere with some LDS students on campus

Jared was at one time recruited by UP, and it just seemed odd when he signed a LOI with USF.

I have heard nothing about UP's returning LDS Missionary, Alec Monson, slated to return from Ecuador in April or May.

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Josh Gershon wrote: Utah Valley landed commit from Jared Stutzman, per a source. 6-6 shooter, 2014 Idaho POY. Signed w/USF out of HS, just returned from mission
He was apparently also considering Santa Clara, but as he was looking to be around more LDS Church members, it would seem Utah Valley is a better fit.

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum