Gonzaga Notes

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gonzaga Notes

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed May 11, 2016 11:33 am

DoubleDipper wrote:GU has already reloaded at the PF spot with 3 guys coming in......
One of those three, and apparently only the 5th Japanese player to play D1 basketball, has qualified academically, and will arrive in Spokane any day now:

"Rui Hachimura will enroll at Gonzaga in time for 2016-17 season"

http://www.slipperstillfitsa.com/2016/5/11/11657118/rui-hachimura-will-enroll-at-gonzaga-in-time-for-2016-17-season
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6707
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Tue May 24, 2016 3:21 pm

@pkarnowski wrote:After talking with my family and coaches I am happy to announce that I will be back for one more year with @ZagMBB #letsdoit #ZagUp
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3774
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue May 24, 2016 4:37 pm

up7587 wrote:
@pkarnowski wrote:After talking with my family and coaches I am happy to announce that I will be back for one more year with @ZagMBB #letsdoit #ZagUp
That is very good news, and really the best decision IMO.

Karno will continue get professional training and medical care in Spokane as he recovers from his back surgery, and with some luck and a reasonably good year on the court he should recover enough to play professionally......and barring that, he should at least lead a "normal 7-1 life" upon his recovery.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue May 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Are you Karno's dad?
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10443
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Not unexpected, but guard Jordan Mathews will transfer to GU for his final year of eligibility after graduating from Cal.....

Interesting how GU has become the landing spot for a number of outstanding transfers in recent years.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2016/6/24/11826052/cal-jordan-mathews-transfers-to-gonzaga
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:54 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/10/14/13280918/gonzaga-basketball-preview-2017-mark-few-nigel-williams-goss
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 pm

WRV mentioned this on the 2017 recruiting thread. Zach Collins is a one-and-done. http://www.sbnation.com/gonzaga-zach-collins-2017-nba-draft-projection-lottery-pick
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:12 pm

@SportsCenter wrote:This Just In: Nigel Williams-Goss will enter the NBA draft and sign with an agent.  
Sorry to see him go because he's good for GU and good for the WCC, but I understand.....
nigelwg5 wrote:Two years ago I transferred to Gonzaga University with three main goals: earn my college degree, improve my game and help Gonzaga reach its first ever Final Four. I’m proud to say all three of my goals were met. In the classroom, I earned my degree in Psychology and have begun work on my Masters. On the court, my teammates and I made school history winning 37 games, advanced to the Final Four, and played in the National Championship game. Coming to Gonzaga is the best decision I ever made.

What I was most surprised by this season was not the wins, awards, or recognition, but rather the genuine love I felt with our fans in Spokane. Since arriving, everywhere I went, I have been surrounded by love from the Gonzaga community. I cannot describe the incredible relationships I have formed in my time here and would not trade my experience for anything in the world. I could not be more grateful or humbled to call myself a Zag for life!

After many discussions with my coaches and family, I have decided to enter the 2017 NBA Draft with representation. I am 100% confident in this decision and believe I am prepared both mentally and physically to take this step in my career and my life. As always, I give all glory to God for granting me this opportunity. I will continue to represent the entire Gonzaga community to the best of my ability. To all my teammates, coaches, fans, supporters, and believers…I love you and thank you! Forever and always... #GoZags

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:46 pm

The draft is going to be interesting this year. I heard one report that Collins may have to play D-league for a year. Wonder who else might be outside looking in?
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:54 pm

up7587 wrote:The draft is going to be interesting this year. I heard one report that Collins may have to play D-league for a year. Wonder who else might be outside looking in?
Mrs. DD and I were discussing the same thing.  There are going to be a lot of college dropouts entering the job market in the next couple of months, and some are going to be disappointed....
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthCarolinaPilot on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 pm

One such player that has many South Carolinians scratching their heads is PJ Dozier. But, D-League salaries are on the rise so you can actually make a living off of it so I have heard.

When your choice is NCAA-style uncompensated labor or make money playing basketball then the decision seems a bit more clear for some of these kids.
SouthCarolinaPilot
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2015-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:38 pm

On the other hand, Grayson Allen is returning to Duke. Must be he wants that coveted Duke diploma. And all the love he gets at road games. Rolling Eyes
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 pm

up7587 wrote:The draft is going to be interesting this year. I heard one report that Collins may have to play D-league for a year. Wonder who else might be outside looking in?

Well, that was a bogus speculation. Collins goes #10 in the NBA draft, and the Trailblazers traded up to get him.

Real estate: location, location, location. NBA: potential, potential, potential.
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum