Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Sandusky

+2
PilotNut
Geezaldinho
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jerry Sandusky - Page 2 Empty Re: Jerry Sandusky

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:04 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:I'd feel pretty ashamed of my university.

I'd also feel that my good vibes are perhaps not the most important loss here.

If my coach taught me the values that so many people said he taught, I hope I'd feel this way.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:10 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:I'd feel pretty ashamed of my university.

I'd also feel that my good vibes are perhaps not the most important loss here.

Absolutely. Anger and disappointment that is felt by former players and the PSU community should be aimed square at Penn State, not anywhere else. They should also realize that football is inconsequential compared to the horrific damage that was done by so many for so long. The NCAA has to make sure this doesnt happen again there or elsewhere.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:47 pm

If anything I'd feel horror and embarrassment of the things that went on in the very places I spent so much time developing my craft. I'd feel like LaVaar Arrington, wanting my coaches to apologize and regretful that I didn't recognize the signs of abuse right before my eyes.

I think when it all comes down to it, football is a game, a past time, ultimately nothing more in the greater scheme of things. If the program was going to be allowed to keep all of its achievements on record allowing THIS of all things?? Kind of makes you wonder what the point of the NCAA really is.

On a touch of irony, with all these wins vacated, the last win by Paterno and PSU on the record books will ironically be one where Mike McQueary had the game of his life.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:59 pm

It also puts Eddie Robinson back on top the career wins list for at least a couple more seasons.

I thought that was a good outcome.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Ericsson.

"
we have no but to accept the decision. Penn State is very resilient."

The AD said:

Out of the hottest fire comes the strongest steel

Bad metallurgy....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 pm

The NCAA wasted no time in setting forth the transfer rules for Penn State players. The rules are...no rules. What they mostly list are exceptions to existing rules.

Penn State football student-athletes allowed easier transfers
Due to the unprecedented nature of the Penn State sanctions, the NCAA will provide appropriate and immediate relief of some NCAA rules for all eligible football student-athletes who wish to transfer to another school.

Several Division I rules will be set aside to allow those students a simpler transfer process, an open opportunity to be recruited, and the chance to participate immediately.

“The NCAA recognizes that current football student-athletes will be negatively impacted by the Penn State sanctions,” said Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president for Academic and Membership Affairs. “We want to allow those eligible student-athletes as much flexibility as possible while still being mindful of some of the transfer safeguards our membership has put in place.”

The Association has addressed rules in five different categories that may impact Penn State football student-athletes wishing to transfer:

Transfers
Football student-athletes who transfer will not have to sit out a year of competition. Any current football student-athletes who transfer to any NCAA school (all divisions) during the 2012-13 academic year will be immediately eligible, provided they are admitted through the normal process and are otherwise eligible.
Any current football student-athletes who begin preseason practice or enroll in classes at another school for the fall term of 2013 (begin preseason practice or enroll in classes at another institution) will be immediately eligible, provided they are admitted through the normal process and are otherwise eligible.
Penn State football student-athletes can decide to transfer from now until the 2013 season (before participating in preseason practice with Penn State) and play immediately at the new school.
Penn State will release any incoming student-athletes from the National Letter of Intent. Such individuals are not considered transfer student-athletes and can compete immediately at another school as long as they are otherwise eligible.
Student-athletes who transfer during the 2012 season and have not competed for Penn State during that season will be immediately eligible for competition upon transfer, provided they are admitted under the normal process and are otherwise eligible per NCAA regulations.  Student-athletes who transfer during the 2012 season after having competed for Penn State will not be eligible for competition during the same season at the next institution.
Penn State will be responsible for notifying the NCAA regarding the status of all transfer student-athletes.

Permission to contact
Permission-to-contact rules are suspended. Penn State cannot restrict in any way a student-athlete from pursuing a possible transfer. Student-athletes must simply inform Penn State of their interest in discussing transfer options with other schools. Before communicating with student-athletes, interested schools also must inform Penn State of their intention to open discussions with the student-athlete.

Recruiting considerations
Off-campus and telephone recruiting rules are suspended, effective immediately, until the first day of classes for Penn State (August 27).
Official visit rules have been loosened. Any incoming or currently enrolled football student-athletes interested in taking an official visit will be permitted to do so during the 2012-13 academic year, effective immediately. The “clock” for official visits will be re-set at this time. The post-high school limits of five total visits to Division I institutions and one visit per institution continue to apply; however, student-athletes may begin taking such visits immediately.

Financial Aid limitations
If a student-athlete transfers for the fall of 2012 to a school that has reached its scholarship limits, the school may exceed these numbers for the 2012-13 academic year, provided it reduces such limits proportionately in the 2013-14 academic year.  For example, if one student-athlete transfers to a Division I school already at the legislated limits of 25 initial counters and 85 overall counters for 2012-13, the school will be limited to 24 initial counters and 84 overall counters in 2013-14.
If a student-athlete transfers after the fall 2012 term, the standard financial aid rules governing counter status still apply, including the midyear replacement exception. If extenuating circumstances arise that may warrant a waiver of the standard application of financial aid rules governing counters, waiver requests will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
A school subject to scholarship limits due to an infractions case is allowed to accept transfers from Penn State but cannot exceed the scholarship limits specified in its infractions report. Athletically-related financial aid may not be canceled during the period of the award and these schools are not permitted the same exception allowed to schools not under Committee on Infractions sanctions.

Preseason practice considerations
Prior to the first day of classes at the school a student-athlete wishes to attend, a Penn State transfer student-athlete may participate in preseason practice and receive expenses to participate without being officially admitted. 
A Penn State transfer student-athlete will not count toward the limit of 105 student-athletes who may engage in preseason practice prior to the institution's first day of classes or first contest, whichever occurs earlier.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 am

Bryant Gumble just said they polled PSU players and 30 say they will stay.

Yeouch.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Silas Redd transferred to USC, as confirmed by USC AD Pat Hayden.

Hayden said "USC welcomes an outstanding 1,000 yard rusher student and athlete."
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:58 pm

in the shoot your own foot off department, Penn State Trustees have appealled the NCAA sanctions, argueing their due process rights to act as a board were denied by Ericson signing the consent decree

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/penn-state-trustees-appeal-ncaa_n_1749535.html?utm_hp_ref=college

the appeal is here:
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/PSU_trustee_appeal.pdf

i understood that the NCAA President and the Oregon state president had said the NCAA board of presidents was prepared to go much furthur without the consent decree.

But...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Just when you thought it might be over...
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--mike-mcqueary-estranged--files-4-million-whistleblower-lawsuit.html

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Shouldn't he be the one getting sued?
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm

At least he is honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Does this mean it's done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Not even the start of being done. Sandusky's attorneys have said they will file appeals.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Based on a couple things I've read, Sandusky's attorneys are not too far behind him in the scum bag line-up. No links, but do a little googling if you care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:46 pm

up7587 wrote:Based on a couple things I've read, Sandusky's attorneys are not too far behind him in the scum bag line-up. No links, but do a little googling if you care.

You mean this?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/jerry-sanduskys-lawyer-continues-to-out-scumbag-h

Total BS.

Buzzfeed is calling an attorney a scumbag for defending a child molester. Lost is that without an attorney willing to do that there is no constitutional way to put the guy in jail.

The attorneys are doing what any good attorney is supposed to do, which is advocate for their client in any legal means possible.

The real scumbags are at Penn State even still, including current members of the board and administration who share culpability in not seeing to it that Sandusky was prosecuted years ago.

http://thefreehreportonpsu.com/
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm

No, that's not what I saw.

lawyer-drinking-penn-state-students

lawyer-joe-amendola-a-16-year-old-client-pregnant

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 am

I'd venture to call ESPN scumbags as well. They've turned their focus to Penn State's current team, and report on them as if they are the victims of some tragedy. Also they seem to air just about every Penn State game, although I'm guessing that was in the contract before the scandal.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 pm

pilotram wrote:I'd venture to call ESPN scumbags as well. They've turned their focus to Penn State's current team, and report on them as if they are the victims of some tragedy.
I'd like to read your view of why this year's team is NOT another victim of the tragedy inflicted by Sandusky and perpetuated by the administration, the directors, and some of the staff.....including the late Joe Paterno.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Because they weren't victims of child rape. My sympathies lie far elsewhere. (also, they had the option to transfer with no penalty, so they stuck with that program by choice, not force)
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:31 pm

You could make the case that ESPN is just trying air what will get the most viewers. People are interested in Penn State right now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:08 pm

All is forgiven

http://www.wltx.com/story/sports/ncaa/2014/09/08/ncaa-restores-penn-states-bowl-dligibility/15293561/
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2