Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incoming goalies...

4 posters

Go down

Incoming goalies... Empty Incoming goalies...

Post by saebo98661 Mon May 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Okay, any ideas of incoming goalies for the Pilots? Erin will be a junior. Nichole will be a sophomore(is that right?). Does anyone know if the Pilots have any recruits coming in that are goalies? If not this year, I can not imagine that would not go without bringing in a goalie with the 2014 class.

saebo98661
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Incoming goalies... Empty Re: Incoming goalies...

Post by Shadrach Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 am

Here's a name for you guys who know how to research these things to check out. Taylor Luty! Taylor is GK for the THUSC Sodium team. A perennial winning team these last few years. She is the starting GK at Sunset HS - a position she earned as a Freshman. She's at least 6 feet tall and I think has orally committed to UP - class of 2014.

Shadrach
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by UPWomenSoccerRookie Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 pm

I watched several of the Sunset HS games last year so am quite familiar with Taylor. Good player. Can really boom the ball when she holds it & kicks it away. Was honorable mention all-state last year as soph, but was 2nd highest rated goalie since The Oregonian chose only a 1st team & honorable mention. Sunset took 2nd in Class 6A last year & should be near the top again this fall, so Taylor should get plenty of press coverage.

UPWomenSoccerRookie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

Shadrach wrote:Here's a name for you guys who know how to research these things to check out. Taylor Luty! Taylor is GK for the THUSC Sodium team. A perennial winning team these last few years. She is the starting GK at Sunset HS - a position she earned as a Freshman. She's at least 6 feet tall and I think has orally committed to UP - class of 2014.

Taylor's dad was as the Spring game yesterday and confirmed to a group of us that she did make an oral commitment.

So we will have a 6' or so dominant keeper coming in with the 2014 class.

Welcome!

Last summer I asked how big a 2014 class we could expect, and got the answer 5.

That target has been met, which I suppose means that barring a special addition, they are working on the 2015 class and beyond.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down