staff

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

default Re: staff

Post by SoCal_Pilot on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanks for the info on Kramer and I hope he does find his way back to basketball eventually but it certainly seems like he made the right decision!
I too agree with your take on where the blame lies if next season goes haywire...

SoCal_Pilot
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2019-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:25 pm

SoCal_Pilot wrote:Thanks for the info on Kramer and I hope he does find his way back to basketball eventually but it certainly seems like he made the right decision!
I too agree with your take on where the blame lies if next season goes haywire...

I think due consideration for the current state of the program ought be shared with the folks who decided on the hire.

Maybe it’s time to break precedence and pony up the resources required to hire a proven, winning D1 coach. That would require more money for both a coach and the program. W have been going the route of hiring “promising young assistant” of Blazers with no college experience at all. That last category has proved particularly counterproductive.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10861
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Interesting you bring up resources, Geez. I get the impression that when the Pilots ended up with Coach Porter, it was less of an issue of resources and more that he was simply one of the leading candidates from the get go (with Kyle Smith being the other, and it doesn’t seem he ever seriously considered UP).

If the Pilots happen to go through a search again at some point in the next few seasons, then yeah..one really has to wonder how much $$$ will be available for the hire and if even that will be enough to entice someone experienced to pilot the Pilots back to relevancy.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2015-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCal_Pilot on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:06 am

https://twitter.com/russellyt/status/1161493584132104192
A buddy of mine who was a four year manager while at UP just added his name to the list of Pilot coaches on the West Coast!

SoCal_Pilot
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am

SoCal_Pilot wrote:https://twitter.com/russellyt/status/1161493584132104192
A buddy of mine who was a four year manager while at UP just added his name to the list of Pilot coaches on the West Coast!
Wow, congratulations to Dane...I knew him when he was just a kid! Razz

Thousand Oaks is a nice part of the country...but will he be able to afford to live there? Maybe live in Oxnard or Point Hueneme on someone's couch and commute.
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2016-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCal_Pilot on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:08 am

That's a good question haha, I have no idea what his compensation package is like, I do know that he is getting his teaching credential at CLU because he had announced that on his Instagram right before graduating.

SoCal_Pilot
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum