Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hannibal

4 posters

Go down

Hannibal Empty Hannibal

Post by Rochin54 Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:51 am

Jasonn Hannibal was chosen as the top male high school athlete in the city of Mississauga:

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/219108

Also, I am a bit confused on his digits. The UP roster lists him at 6-11 250, whereas this article (written in May) notes him as 6-10 220. Hmm. I have heard he is a legit 6-11, but I see multiple places where he is listed smaller. Can anyone vouch for his bigness? confused
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Hannibal Empty Re: Hannibal

Post by Stonehouse Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Can't say for sure, but I know that he was on campus recently and that everyone says he is absolutely huge. I guess he's a bit out of shape, but he the word on him is that he's isn't tall and skinny or tall and fat. Rather, he's a legit widebody that just is built big.

As far as the numbers... you never really can trust what you see. My guess is that he's probably in-between those sets of numbers.

Also... he's a lefty and has a decent baby hook. He also hasn't done much weightlifting but is naturally really strong - a summer hitting the gym should improve that a lot. I think the big thing for him will be getting fit and ready for practice in the fall.

Needless to say, after the initial report, I'm VERY encouraged. I'm not expecting him to be a WCC All-Star next year or anything like that, but it sounds like if he puts in the work in getting into shape, he'll be able to contribute, which is exactly what we need.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:17 am

Stonehouse, regarding ur post on Hannibal. Do you know if he was on campus this past week end? The reason I ask is that I watched some of the basketball camp Saturday whic as for post and perimeter players . Reveno was spending a lot of time with the post players alongf with Sabotka. There was one camper who stood out, but he was 6-8 oor 9 about 230-235. Not Hannibal I would guess.Reveno's camp was a lot more active than Holyton's and considerably more minority player as well. Good to see that.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:18 pm

Sailor - I'm not sure exactly what dates he was on campus, but he was definitely there during last week... I think he arrived on Wednesday or Thursday.

Unfortunately I'm not around campus as much as I used to be anymore, so I don't really know for sure.

I do know, though, that the coaches spotted Hannibal at the camp last year... not sure if he was already on their radar, but they definitely got a good look at him when he was on campus and I'm sure the relationship he built with the coaches over that time helped him make his decision to come to UP.

Just another plus to having a great instructor like Reveno running the program.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Pics from that camp are up on the website:

http://www.portlandpilots.com/photogalleries.asp#

Kudos to my man Will Crew for taking fine shots as usual.

I *think* the guy in the last picture (with Reveno) is Hannibal. He looks about the same height as Rev in the picture, but look at his legs... he's clearly not fully extended. And he looks very thick. But I'm not sure.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:23 am

Stonehouse - thats the player I saw last Saturday and I was comparing his height to Reveno's, and if thats Hannibal, heisn't 6 - 11, but he could go 230 - 240. I would guess he could be 6 - 9 or 6-10. He is pretty athletic.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:49 pm

Hmm... intersting. Again, I'm not sure if that's him or not. I'll check on it.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by caniparolimt Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:01 am

I am 6'9 and I will tell you I lied going into college to get that last inch. Tripple digits look so much cooler when you are 18/19. Twisted Evil Also he may have a great wing span to make up for the two inches that he does not have.
caniparolimt
caniparolimt
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 8

http://www.myspace.com/bigjasonjames

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Oh I know that people fudge their heights and weights all the time.

But I would be very surprised if Hannibal was actually 6'8" or 6'9" and not 6'10" or 6'11" - all the reports I have heard is that he is a legit big guy, both in height and weight.

Again, I'll get the word on whether or not that was even Hannibal at the camp.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down