Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another chance for feedback

+2
A_Fan
PilotNut
6 posters

Go down

Another chance for feedback Empty Another chance for feedback

Post by PilotNut Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 am

In this era of iPhones, smart phones, iPads, etc... what can we do to improve the PN experience?

Would reducing the number of forums help? Maybe combine the basketball forums (So there is just a "Pilot Basketball" forum, and not seperate men's & women's forums), and then the soccer forums and then the XC & Baseball with the Other Pilot Athletics forums?

On one hand, having seperate forums keeps a WBX post from getting drowned out by multiple MBX threads... conversely, a WBX post might get more traffic if placed alongside MBX posts...

Thoughts? Anything else?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Another chance for feedback Empty Re: Another chance for feedback

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:31 am

I personally have nothing against the current layout. The whole forum looks very clean and it is easier to follow, in my opinion, than some of the forums that our fellow WCC schools have.

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am

I agree with RCP, it's nice to be able to go to a forum for a specific sport. Not everyone follows every sport. They might not participate if they had to wade through other posts to get to the ones about the sport they are interested in.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:16 am

I don't know how those lurkers do it. It drives me nuts (not a long trip) when PilotNation randomly logs me out. So that's my first suggestions - fix whatever caused PN to log me out. Very Happy

Another suggestion is that it would be great if the forum would take us to the first unread message in each thread rather than the beginning. Especially on my phone, it's frustrating to have to search for where I stopped reading last time.

I like the layout the way it is, but I'm sure I'll come up with more suggestions.

Anyone that has visited some of the other forums in the WCC knows just how good we have it. Reading and posting at some of the other forums can be tedious.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:39 am

I always use the View Posts Since Last Visit feature, which makes it easy to only focus on active threads. I agree that if each thread could open to the first inread post, that would be an improvement. I would keep the forums the same, although by using the VPSLV feature, the forums are kinda irrelevant. I only go to a specific forum to find a thread to which I want to add, or to initiate a new thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:20 pm

If you make the Masthead a little squatter the page would format on a iPad in landscape mode better and allow all the actual sports forums to be seen without scrolling.

Making the whole thing fit into the "PilotNation.net" part would do it.

The whole front page fits perfectly in portrait mode, but then I have to reach for my pince nez.
Another chance for feedback Trotsky1
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Only issue I have, is that the site keeps logging me off randomly. I'll come back and for some reason be logged out. Not a big deal, just an annoyance to have to log in again. The internet hates me.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 pm

pilotram wrote:Only issue I have, is that the site keeps logging me off randomly. I'll come back and for some reason be logged out. Not a big deal, just an annoyance to have to log in again. The internet hates me.

Do you have your cookies set?

Alternatively, Mac and iOS machines have the option to remember passwords so you don't actually have to type ( unless you are at work and trying to cheat your boss during the time he's paying you, of course. Rolling Eyes
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 pm

pilotram wrote:Only issue I have, is that the site keeps logging me off randomly. I'll come back and for some reason be logged out. Not a big deal, just an annoyance to have to log in again. The internet hates me.
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”
― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:53 am

I have added a couple links to the list of links on the upper right of each page... a link to the nifty WCC Scoreboard from the WCC site (check it out, it is pretty cool, it also functions as a schedule, has links to all the Gametrackers, etc....) Just give it a couple seconds to load; its a great addition to that site. I also added a link to the official UP athletics site.

GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:01 pm

PilotNut wrote:I have added a couple links to the list of links on the upper right of each page... a link to the nifty WCC Scoreboard from the WCC site (check it out, it is pretty cool, it also functions as a schedule, has links to all the Gametrackers, etc....) Just give it a couple seconds to load; its a great addition to that site. I also added a link to the official UP athletics site.

GO PILOTS!
Thanks, Nut. Good addition and much appreciated! Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down