Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA 3:0 Brasil

3 posters

Go down

USA 3:0 Brasil Empty USA 3:0 Brasil

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

the USA scored two goals in the first and one in the second, and had a Morgan goal disallowed for offsides even though Alex got to the header from an onside position.

AROD's score was on a free kick after Dianne brought her down?

Steph came on at 32' and Megan played the second period.

Marta did not play.

USA – Carli Lloyd (Rachel Buehler)        18th minute
USA – Shannon Boxx (Lauren Cheney)  23
USA – Amy Rodriguez                          83

Lineups:
USA: 1-Hope Solo; 6-Amy LePeilbet (14-Stephanie Cox, 32), 3-Christie Rampone (capt.) (4-Becky Sauerbrunn, 46), 19-Rachel Buehler, 5-Kelley O’Hara (2-Heather Mitts, 83); 12-Lauren Cheney, 7-Shannon Boxx, 10-Carli Lloyd (17-Tobin Heath, 62), 9-Heather O’Reilly (15-Megan Rapinoe, 46), 13-Alex Morgan (8-Amy Rodriguez, 71), 20-Abby Wambach
Subs not used: 16-Lori Lindsey, 11-Sydney Leroux, 18-Nicole Barnhart, 21-Ashlyn Harris, 23-Meghan Klingenberg
Head coach: Pia Sundhage

BRA: 12-Barbara; 6-Maurine, 4-Daiane, 5-Erika, 20-Daniele; 7-Ester (13-Beatriz, 88), 8-Formiga (3-Aline, 46), 17-Francielle; 15-Thais (16-Grazielle, 46), 18-Rosana (19-Maria, 78), 11-Cristiane
Subs not used: 1-Andrei, 9-Renata, 21-Gabriele
Head coach: Jorge Barcellos

Statistical Summary: USA / BRA
Shots: 11 / 7
Shots on Goal: 4 / 1
Saves: 1 / 1
Corner Kicks: 1 / 3
Fouls: 8 / 17
Offside: 5 / 4

Misconduct Summary:
USA – Rachel Buehler (caution)  77th minute
BRA – Ester (caution)                82

Officials:
Referee: Sachiko Yamagishi (JPN)
Assistant Referee 1: Emi Chiba (JPN)
Assistant Referee 2: Makoto Bouzono (JPN)
Fourth Official: Etsuko Fukano (JPN)

Bud Light Woman of the Match: Rachel Buehler 
Related Topics :  U.S. Women, Brazil Women, Japan

Comments Share Print Subscribe to RSS Email This
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

USA 3:0 Brasil Empty Re: USA 3:0 Brasil

Post by A_Fan Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I didn't realize the team will be trimmed by 3 players for the Olympics. The announcers seemed to think both Megan and Stephanie are on the bubble for being cut.

The game is available for replay on ESPN3 online.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

USA 3:0 Brasil Empty Re: USA 3:0 Brasil

Post by keeper Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:42 am

I was going to post this under the title of the "The Legend of Megan," but since this thread got started... I am in Tokyo for business and had planned to go to the game last night. The game was moved up 4 hours due to a typhoon that hit Japan. After an adventure on the train, I arrived in time to see the second half. It was a somewhat sloppy game with Brazil not having their best player. Megan played well made some nice runs and had one shot hit the woodwork from distance. Unfortunate that it didn't go in, but it was a beautiful shot. Many in the US contingent of fans are trying to figure out why she is not getting more time, but most thought she (and Stephanie) will make the team. Stephanie also played well with some great overlapping runs and a great cross that almost led to a score.
Now for the legend part. I'll be the first to admit that while Megan is not my idol :-), she did something last night that was quite endearing. At the end of the game, the players came over to salute the 500 people that braved the elements to watch the game. Megan was one of the last players to come over. As she turned away, she stopped, doffed her jersey under her jacket, turned around and came over to the stands tossing her jersey to a young woman. The woman was on cloud 9 and I'm still not sure her feet touched the ground on the train back to Tokyo.
Megan, I'm not sure if you will ever read this, or if someone will pass this along, but your action made one huge fan in Japan. Great watching you and Steph play in the pouring rain. The legend continues!

keeper
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down