Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

+13
mattywizz
Woodless!
pilotram
dholcombe
DaTruRochin
MesaPilot1
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
PilotNut
DoubleDipper
ShipstadPilot11
blacksheep
Rochin54
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 4 Empty Re: Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:34 am

blacksheep wrote:

Looks like it's down to 3, I think (not sure how I missed R54 or DD as having a shot)

You missed me, too. My bracket has been shot since the first weekend. Rolling Eyes
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 4 Empty Re: Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by blacksheep Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:47 am

PurpleGeezer wrote:

You missed me, too. My bracket has been shot since the first weekend. Rolling Eyes

I didn't even realize you were playing this year Laughing
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotfan4life Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:08 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
blacksheep wrote:I had a bad night last night too. I still have a shot to win, but I need Florida to beat Louisville, among other things. If Louisville wins, I can't beat fan4life.

Playing around with the Scenario Generator, these are the brackets that have a shot.

1. fan4life
2. 1 touch
3. DT Legend
4. Blacksheep
5. Rob's Jacket

I think I got everyone, but I'm not sure. The heavy favorites are fan4life and 1 touch.
Umm, if fan4life were to win, wouldn't the pitcher of beer go to the 2nd place finisher?

So, what would a minor get for winning? Especially if they go to school in Montana!

btw, how does a student who doesn't have much time for basketball do better than people who have watched basketball for years? I'm just curious.
pilotfan4life
pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Don't gloat Very Happy

Nice Job fan4life Cheers!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm

pilotfan4life wrote:btw, how does a student who doesn't have much time for basketball do better than people who have watched basketball for years? I'm just curious.
Watching basketball for years doesn't matter too much given the high turnover in college basketball and the fact that anything can happen in college ball, especially in the tourney. This is why, to my knowledge, there are no perfect brackets on ESPN or Yahoo this year (which is a pretty large statistical sample) and I believe there weren't (m)any perfect brackets even after the round of 32 or 16.

Also, while people here may watch a lot of WCC ball or Pilots ball, it doesn't mean they pay attention to east coast teams too much (I know I don't). And, if you didn't notice, there are a few teams from the other side of the Mississippi this year.

That being said, congrats on your bracket.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:16 pm

ShipstadPilot11 wrote:
pilotfan4life wrote:btw, how does a student who doesn't have much time for basketball do better than people who have watched basketball for years? I'm just curious.
Watching basketball for years doesn't matter too much given the high turnover in college basketball and the fact that anything can happen in college ball, especially in the tourney. This is why, to my knowledge, there are no perfect brackets on ESPN or Yahoo this year (which is a pretty large statistical sample) and I believe there weren't (m)any perfect brackets even after the round of 32 or 16.

Also, while people here may watch a lot of WCC ball or Pilots ball, it doesn't mean they pay attention to east coast teams too much (I know I don't). And, if you didn't notice, there are a few teams from the other side of the Mississippi this year.

That being said, congrats on your bracket.

Says the guy who has none of the final four and will likely finish last Twisted Evil

FWIW - The top Yahoo bracket currently has 50/60 correct. fan4life has 40/60 and is in the 99% of brackets. I just noticed that I have 43 correct. I'm calling that a moral victory Cool
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Blah, blah, blah. Let's close this thread and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm

up7587 wrote:Blah, blah, blah. Let's close this thread and move on.
Well, before we do, I am going to repeat my question from Friday:
Umm, if fan4life were to win, wouldn't the pitcher of beer go to the 2nd place finisher?
Who's the referee? PilotNut?

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Hmmm, well a subsitute prize can be arranged, if necessary.... lets make sure you win first!!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 am

blacksheep wrote:Says the guy who has none of the final four and will likely finish last Twisted Evil
a) I didn't change my bracket after the Fab Melo news came out so, embarrassingly, I have 'Cuse winning it all. Embarassed
b) In my other bracket I chose one of the final four (Kentucky to win it all). So ha! cheers
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by W W Winkie Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:26 am

[quote="So, what would a minor get for winning? Especially if they go to school in Montana!

btw, how does a student who doesn't have much time for basketball do better than people who have watched basketball for years? I'm just curious.[/quote]

I propose a rule that in the event a minor wins the prize goes to her Daddy.

W W Winkie
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:11 am

Students have more time than they realize.... enjoy it.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 am

blacksheep wrote:
blacksheep wrote:
blacksheep wrote:I'm waiting for Obama to release his bracket before I fill mine out

For those who care (Nobody elephant ), Obama and I are tied right now under our scoring system. Very Happy

Because I know you guys are following this, Obama now has a two point lead over 1 touch.

Obama now has 72 points, which is good for 3rd place. Unfortunately for him he's got UNC winning it, so he's out of the running.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

ShipstadPilot11 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:Says the guy who has none of the final four and will likely finish last Twisted Evil
a) I didn't change my bracket after the Fab Melo news came out so, embarrassingly, I have 'Cuse winning it all. Embarassed
b) In my other bracket I chose one of the final four (Kentucky to win it all). So ha! cheers

That other bracket shouldn't count. I'm still ahead of the guy who signed up, but didn't fill it out. Embarassed
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Congrats, PilotFan4Life!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 am

PilotNut wrote:Congrats, PilotFan4Life!
Hmmm, I remember offering to "buy" PF4L a beer during the Christmas break, and was turned down, hmmmm.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
PilotNut wrote:Congrats, PilotFan4Life!
Hmmm, I remember offering to "buy" PF4L a beer during the Christmas break, and was turned down, hmmmm.

Her older brothers did an excellent job of teaching her not to accept free drinks from older men Very Happy

Nice Job on the win fan4life. cheers
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:48 am

blacksheep wrote:
blacksheep wrote:
blacksheep wrote:
blacksheep wrote:I'm waiting for Obama to release his bracket before I fill mine out

For those who care (Nobody elephant ), Obama and I are tied right now under our scoring system. Very Happy

Because I know you guys are following this, Obama now has a two point lead over 1 touch.

Obama now has 72 points, which is good for 3rd place. Unfortunately for him he's got UNC winning it, so he's out of the running.

The Prez finished with 77 points, which would put him in a tie for 4th with Stoney. Sleep
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Meanwhile, from the corridors of power in the Chiles Center, comes this Tweet from Karen Peters:

Next year I will spend more than 1 minute on my picks. (Also, our office mgr's 9-year-old son won - the prize of fame & glory is all his).

Sounds like the kid is well versed in both kinds of dance.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4