Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

+13
mattywizz
Woodless!
pilotram
dholcombe
DaTruRochin
MesaPilot1
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
PilotNut
DoubleDipper
ShipstadPilot11
blacksheep
Rochin54
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by PilotNut Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29 am

mattywizz wrote:Wow, sure am glad I didn't pick Duke to win it all. That would be embarrassing to have your 'champion' lose in the first round.

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Norfol10

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:37 am

mattywizz wrote:Wow, sure am glad I didn't pick Duke to win it all. That would be embarrassing to have your 'champion' lose in the first round.

Evil or Very Mad

look on the bright side. There is no agonizing to be done....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:44 am

My bracket, summarized: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:53 pm

blacksheep wrote:It's Pilot2002 with the lead after the first round.

Gonzaga to the Final Four didn't help your bracket 2002.

Some guy named Dampduffer and I take the lead. Very Happy
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Your bracket is looking good, Blacksheep. I really need Syracuse to pull through without Fab Melo to win this bracket or the one in the workplace... I'm not sure it's going to happen, but, so far so good...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Participating in my first-ever NCAA Tournament bracket. Always the perfectionist, I was disappointed at all my losses, but then I heard on ESPN today that the chances of a PERFECT bracket are
1 in 9,000,000,000,000,000,000. I'll have to ask Pilot2002 for verification, but I think that's 1-in-9 quintillion.

Now I don't feel so bad!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:05 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:

Now I don't feel so bad!

Heck, you've got as good a shot as anyone to win the Bucket-o-Beer.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Rochin54 wrote:Dang it! I was able to catch a few minutes of hoops yesterday morning here in Shanghai, but now that I have time to actually watch a game this morning, CBS has blacked out the internet feed. It was totally fine yesterday....what gives CBS!!???

Since you can't watch, I'll give you an update. You're the only one with all your elite 8 picks still alive.

After spending the first two rounds near the bottom, you are now in contention.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 pm

blacksheep wrote:
Rochin54 wrote:Dang it! I was able to catch a few minutes of hoops yesterday morning here in Shanghai, but now that I have time to actually watch a game this morning, CBS has blacked out the internet feed. It was totally fine yesterday....what gives CBS!!???

Since you can't watch, I'll give you an update. You're the only one with all your elite 8 picks still alive.

After spending the first two rounds near the bottom, you are now in contention.

Booyah!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 am

[quote="blacksheep"]
Rochin54 wrote:You're the only one with all your elite 8 picks still alive.

Dude - you had Saint Louis to the Elite 8!?! Gutsy.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:24 am

Rochin54 wrote:

Gutsy.

That's one way to describe it.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 pm

I picked St. Louis because they were one of the two teams I saw in person this year and they looked pretty damn good. But then again, maybe that was the opponent...oops.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:42 pm

mattywizz wrote:I picked St. Louis because they were one of the two teams I saw in person this year and they looked pretty damn good. But then again, maybe that was the opponent...oops.

But you weren't dumb enough (I mean gutsy enough) to have them go to the Elite 8.

I'm not telling why I pick the teams I Pick. I'd rather you guys think I know what I'm doing. Very Happy
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:22 am

blacksheep wrote:I'm not telling why I pick the teams I Pick. I'd rather you guys think I know what I'm doing. Very Happy
Oh, I think we know how.

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Ouija10

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Rock-p10

Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Darts_12

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:13 am

And why not this??
Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Plinko5
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 am

Picking a bracket is hard, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 am

As I watched my bracket go down in flames, I wondered if I was wrong to have followed the advice of my guru Jim Morrison:
I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.
Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Jim_mo10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:11 pm

blacksheep wrote:I'm waiting for Obama to release his bracket before I fill mine out

For those who care (Nobody elephant ), Obama and I are tied right now under our scoring system. Very Happy
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Wow, my prowess continues undiminished! The #1 seed I picked to win tonight, lost. The #1 and #2 seeds I picked to lose tonight, won. And I didn't have either team left in my bracket on the fourth game.
Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Plane_10

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:38 am

I had a bad night last night too. I still have a shot to win, but I need Florida to beat Louisville, among other things. If Louisville wins, I can't beat fan4life.

Playing around with the Scenario Generator, these are the brackets that have a shot.

1. fan4life
2. 1 touch
3. DT Legend
4. Blacksheep
5. Rob's Jacket
6. Dholcombe

I think I got everyone, but I'm not sure. The heavy favorites are fan4life and 1 touch.

Last edited by blacksheep on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to add another bracket)
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 am

blacksheep wrote:
blacksheep wrote:I'm waiting for Obama to release his bracket before I fill mine out

For those who care (Nobody elephant ), Obama and I are tied right now under our scoring system. Very Happy

Because I know you guys are following this, Obama now has a two point lead over 1 touch.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:52 am

I needed Michigan St. to win last night and lose their next game. Now I have to rely on NC St. or Xavier to get a win to screw up blacksheep so I have a chance at this thing again.

Well...very poor chance without Marquette.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:34 am

blacksheep wrote:I had a bad night last night too. I still have a shot to win, but I need Florida to beat Louisville, among other things. If Louisville wins, I can't beat fan4life.

Playing around with the Scenario Generator, these are the brackets that have a shot.

1. fan4life
2. 1 touch
3. DT Legend
4. Blacksheep
5. Rob's Jacket

I think I got everyone, but I'm not sure. The heavy favorites are fan4life and 1 touch.
Umm, if fan4life were to win, wouldn't the pitcher of beer go to the 2nd place finisher?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

dholcombe wrote:I needed Michigan St. to win last night and lose their next game. Now I have to rely on NC St. or Xavier to get a win to screw up blacksheep so I have a chance at this thing again.

Well...very poor chance without Marquette.

You're right. I missed your bracket. I've added it to my list, albeit at the bottom of it Very Happy
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 am

blacksheep wrote:I had a bad night last night too. I still have a shot to win, but I need Florida to beat Louisville, among other things. If Louisville wins, I can't beat fan4life.

1. fan4life
2. R54
3. DD
2. 1 touch
3. DT Legend
4. Blacksheep
5. Rob's Jacket
6. Dholcombe

Looks like it's down to 3, I think (not sure how I missed R54 or DD as having a shot)
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next