Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloee

+3
DaTruRochin
purple passion
Harry Redknapp
7 posters

Go down

Cloee Empty Cloee

Post by Harry Redknapp Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Cloee is no longer listed on the roster.

http://www.portlandpilots.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc

Sorry to see her go.

Every year is a new season and a new team. Go Pilots!
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Cloee Empty Re: Cloee

Post by purple passion Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:46 am

It is my understanding that Cloee has enrolled at BYU, but is not listed on their 2012 roster.

The common thought on this from friends is that she is sitting out a year and working on her academics.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:55 am

Sounds like a classic case of burn out, can be pretty common for players who live and breathe soccer for a long period of time at the same time sacrificing the rest of their lives... Hopefully she can spend some time figuring things out and re-kindling her love of the game, or perhaps making the decision that it just isn't that important to her. Either way, as with all departing Pilots I wish her the best...

(Unless, of course, she ever puts on a jersey facing us.)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

An updated roster for BYU now has Cloee listed on it as Junior.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:24 pm

From the BYU website:

Getting To Know: Cloee Colohan
Whitney Craft Jordan | BYU Athletic Communications | Posted Jun 6, 2012 2:34 PM | Updated Jun 6, 2012 2:41 PM
(Photo by BYU Design/Jeff Wood)

Junior-to-be Cloee Colohan is a transfer midfield/defender from the University of Portland. She grew up in West Point, Utah.

Birthday: June 1, 1991

Hometown: West Point, Utah

Family: Debbie and Kevin Colohan (parents) ... three older siblings

Major: Business

So, why transfer?
"Probably the biggest reason I decided was to transfer was the lifestyle. It's sometimes hard for people that aren't LDS to understand but being in Portland, in the way of LDS standards, was hard. I knew that going into it when I decided to go to Portland but I didn't think it'd get to a point that I wouldn't be able to handle it anymore."

What was it like playing at Portland, a soccer powerhouse?
"Soccer was great at Portland and I enjoyed my years there. I sat out my freshman year but played the next two."

How did the transfer happen?
"I came home last Christmas break and usually am really excited to get back to Portland, because I loved it, but this time I wasn't. For some reason I just had this weird feeling that I didn't want to go back. And when Portland had played BYU in the fall I didn't play because I was hurt, but I still came and saw what BYU was all about. I saw how they were as a team, and I knew I wanted to be a part of that. So, after Christmas, I got back to Portland and I struggled. I knew I couldn't stay so I talked to my coach and decided to go. The next day I was on a flight to Utah, without even knowing if I could play at BYU or not. It was a huge leap of faith."

Did you know any girls on BYU's team before you came here?
"I knew Niki Fernandes really well. Her parents and mine went to school together, and ever since we were kids we'd played sports together and been friends. I also knew Lindsi Lisonbee because we had played club together, and because she had originally committed to Portland too. I played with Colette Jepson on our club team too, and Carlee Payne and I had played on the regional team a long time ago so I knew a few of the girls."

What do you think about BYU's team this season?
"Honestly, there is so much talent on this year's team. There are so many girls on this team that are so talented and play soccer so well. I think our chances of getting into the playoffs this year are really good."
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Cloee Empty The Only Choice, Really

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 pm

I admire Cloee for making the right choice, and the best choice, for Cloee.

She followed her heart AND her head!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 am

Yeah I mean you can't really blame her, the LDS way of life would be particularly difficult to lead when not surrounded by fellow members of that congregation. Sounds like she DID leave for the right reasons. I wish her the best personally, but only a little bit as far as play on the pitch goes Razz
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 am

Fair enough. But her departure (combined with MO graduating) leaves a massive hole in the middel of the defense. Biggest question going in to the season is who plays there.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 am

In the Spring games it was Lorielle and Sarah for the most part.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am

Does anyone know what this means: "being in Portland, in the way of LDS standards, was hard"? Specifically, what does "LDS standards" mean?
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 am

Her boyfriend was at BYU?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:26 am

Um, just a guess, but it has got to be a "personal" thing as there are is a large number of fine citizens of the LDS faith living in the Portland area. I've personally worked and played with many Mormons who have never expressed a concern (to me) about Portland being a difficult place to express their faith or live by the principles of their faith.

I guess one would have to interview a few folks at the Portland Temple (in Lake Oswego) to find a better answer from someone who knows these things firsthand.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:51 am

UPSoccerFanatic wrote:Does anyone know what this means: "being in Portland, in the way of LDS standards, was hard"? Specifically, what does "LDS standards" mean?

I suspect that it refers more specifically to the Portland campus life. The LDS faith has very strict codes regarding drinking and sexual activity, that are probably often not met on the UP campus. Just my guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:05 pm

up7587 wrote:I suspect that it refers more specifically to the Portland campus life. The LDS faith has very strict codes regarding drinking and sexual activity, that are probably often not met on the UP campus. Just my guess.
Good point! There is little time for a student/athlete to interact with anyone beyond the campus during the school year -- except, of course, if that is the only way to practice one's faith in a church setting.

scratch Sex and alcohol on campus? Well, back in the '60's .......... study
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down