Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Letter of Intent Day is here

+7
PurplePrideTrumpet
gnarly
UPSoccerFanatic
DoubleDipper
OldePilot
Geezaldinho
wrv
11 posters

Go down

National Letter of Intent Day is here Empty National Letter of Intent Day is here

Post by wrv Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 am

Is someone monitoring? Given the low number of commitments announced are there likely to be any surprises?

Go Pilots.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

National Letter of Intent Day is here Empty Re: National Letter of Intent Day is here

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:24 am

Wouldn't be a surprise then, would it? Very Happy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

National Letter of Intent Day is here Empty Re: National Letter of Intent Day is here

Post by OldePilot Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Any surprise departures?
OldePilot
OldePilot
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:32 pm

wrv wrote:Is someone monitoring? Given the low number of commitments announced are there likely to be any surprises?Go Pilots.
Noelle LaPrevotte, Casa Grande HS, Petaluma, CA.

National Letter of Intent Day is here Noelle10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Most likely, as is normal for the Pilots, the incoming class, etc., will not be known for a while.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by gnarly Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:54 pm

A few schools posted their LOI day signees on their website today:

UW, WSU, Stanford, Cal, and Col in the Pac 12. No news from UCLA, USC, UO, or OSU. Cal did pick up someone who played at UCLA in freshmen year.

A&M and OK st have posted theirs.

No news in WCC, ACC, nor for ND that I could find.

gnarly
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 pm

My friends down south (in California) tell me Riverside Poly's standout defender Haley DeGrood signed with the University of Portland on Wednesday. Smile
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:31 pm

According to the UP website:

Shelby Vaver (Tacoma, Wash./Curtis HS), a defender, signed a National Letter of Intent and has committed to the University of Portland women’s soccer program, announced head coach Garrett Smith. Vaver will join the Pilots as a freshman in the fall, and the Pilots expect to add three more recruits to the 2012 class.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:21 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:According to the UP website:

Shelby Vaver (Tacoma, Wash./Curtis HS), a defender, signed a National Letter of Intent and has committed to the University of Portland women’s soccer program, announced head coach Garrett Smith. Vaver will join the Pilots as a freshman in the fall, and the Pilots expect to add three more recruits to the 2012 class.
OK, the Pilots expect a total of four recruits to sign. UP has already told us of Vaver, and my sources have already named LePrevotte and DeGrood as signees, who will be the last signee?

Come on you knowledgable PN soccer fans, who's the next recruit Question
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:

OK, the Pilots expect a total of four recruits to sign. UP has already told us of Vaver, and my sources have already named LePrevotte and DeGrood as signees, who will be the last signee?

Supposed to be 6'+ forward from Elk Grove Devlyn Jeter. She was the first verbal, I think.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/players-to-watch/players-to-watch-player-profile/pid-18106/Devlyn-Jeter
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:46 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:

Supposed to be 6'+ forward from Elk Grove Devlyn Jeter. She was the first verbal, I think.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/players-to-watch/players-to-watch-player-profile/pid-18106/Devlyn-Jeter

You what I have to ask, right? Basketball

Wonder how fast she is...
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by OldePilot Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I was hoping Marta still wanted to be a nurse.
OldePilot
OldePilot
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjapizza Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:21 pm

OldePilot wrote:I was hoping Marta still wanted to be a nurse.

I'm so angry right now.
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:You (know) what I have to ask, right? Basketball

I've checked, and apparently she is no relation to the wonderful Carmelita (or her little brother). Heck, we don't even know if she's a Jeter or a Jeeeter. clown

There’s still no word on her signing; just a commit.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Women’s Soccer Signs Haylee DeGrood

PORTLAND, Ore. --- Center back Haylee DeGrood (Riverside, Calif./Riverside Poly HS) has signed a National Letter of Intent and will join the University of Portland women’s soccer team as a freshman next fall, announced head coach Garrett Smith. DeGrood joins Shelby Vaver as part of the 2012 class, with the Pilots expecting to add two more recruits.

“We first noticed Haylee at center back on her club team,” Smith said. “The thing we liked most about her is her ability with the ball, and we knew immediately that she’d fit in with our back line.”

DeGrood is a 5-6 defender who earned four letters for the Riverside Poly Bears. A First Team All-Big 8 League Selection and the team’s MVP, DeGrood helped the Bears claim a league title and advance to the Round of 16 of the CIF Playoffs.

DeGrood is a member of both the Cal South ODP and ‘94 Regional Teams, and she helped her Arsenal FC team win the 2010 Surf Cup.

“I’m really excited to play soccer at UP,” DeGrood said. “When I went there on my visit, I fell in love with the place, and I just knew that it was the place where I suppose to.”

A Brief Q&A with Haylee DeGrood

What are you looking forward to most at Portland?

- I’m looking forward to being part of the soccer family, because the team is made up of a lot of great girls.

What are you hoping to accomplish at UP?

- I’m hoping to help the team win an NCAA Championship. I also want to graduate in four years and possibly pursue more education after that.

What do you think your first game on Merlo Field will be like?

- I think it’s going to be really amazing to get on the field and play my first game with the girls that have been there for so long. There’s a lot of support for the team, and it’s really wonderful that people go to the games and just love being there. It’s a great atmosphere.

A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:02 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
PurpleGeezer wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:

You what I have to ask, right? Basketball

Her stats show 10.6 rebounds a game (hs is 32 minutes).
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm

DEVLYN JETER made it official today:

http://rosemont.patch.com/articles/rosemont-soccer-player-headed-to-portland
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:43 pm

purple passion wrote:DEVLYN JETER made it official today:

http://rosemont.patch.com/articles/rosemont-soccer-player-headed-to-portland
And, finally, a current picture of our newest Pilot:

National Letter of Intent Day is here Devo10

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Jeter said she chose Portland over Stanford–a decision not everyone has agreed with–because soccer is a main attraction at that school.

"It was just a smaller school and women's soccer is like Stanford football there," she said. "It just kinda gave me that home feeling–like home away from home."

HUGE. Absolutely huge.

Back to top Go down

Post by color me purple Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 am

Glad to see there getting in more recruits then the two previously thought. However, I'm familiar with the Northern California recruiting scene and other than Haley Washburn going to Stanford, there has not been anybody else in this area that has been talked about with the opportunity to go to Stanford. That is quite suprising! Regardless, I'm sure she will make a good addition to the team

color me purple
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 pm

2/8/2012 11:12:00 AM

Noelle LaPrevotte
PORTLAND, Ore. --- Noelle LaPrevotte (Petaluma, Calif./Casa Grande HS), a 5-5 midfielder/forward, has signed a National Letter of Intent and will join the University of Portland women’s soccer program as a freshman next fall, announced head coach Garrett Smith.

“Noelle is an out-and-out ballplayer,” said Smith. “When you’re on the attack, you want her to be involved, because she will make things happen.”

“I’m really excited to play there, because it’s something I’ve wanted to do my whole life,” said LaPrevotte. “I just fell in love with the school and I love everything about it.”

LaPrevotte (pronounced law-pro-vott) earned four letters for the Casa Grande Gauchos. She was a four-time selection to both the Sonoma County All-League First Team and the All-Empire First Team, and she was named the league MVP as a senior after garnering co-MVP honors during her junior campaign. LaPrevotte was also named to ESPN’s State-by-State list in 2010 and she was named Casa Grande’s offensive MVP twice. The Gauchos went undefeated in league play three times, en route to four straight league titles, and claimed the North Coast Section Championship in 2008 and 2010. Casa Grande was a North Coast Section Finalist all four years.

LaPrevotte played with the Sonoma County Alliance ‘94 club team for eight years, and was a guest player for both the Honolulu Bulls and the Northbay Magic.

A Brief Q&A with Noelle LaPrevotte
Why did you choose to sign with Portland?
- I wanted to go somewhere that was new and different and UP was exactly what I was looking for. The school is close to the city, it isn’t too big and I wanted someplace with a smaller atmosphere.

What are looking forward to the most at UP?
- I’m looking forward to learning new things at a place where I can still do what I’m passionate about. I’m looking forward to playing with players at a high level and improving my skills at the same time.

What are you hoping to accomplish at UP?
- Getting my degree in four years and hopefully helping Portland win another NCAA Championship. I also want to impact the program.

What do you think it will be like to play on Merlo Field for the first time?
- It’s going to be amazing. I’ve watched a few games there and the atmosphere is nothing like I’ve ever experienced. The school is really into supporting the team, and I think it’s going to be exhilarating.

Back to top Go down