WPS Suspends Play for 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WPS Suspends Play for 2012

Post by DaTruRochin on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:47 am

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-01-30-wps-suspends-play-for-2012-season

Not a HUGE shocker by any means as it seemed ill conceived by its very make up from the start... But very, very unfortunate.

DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WPS Suspends Play for 2012

Post by keeper on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Agree that it is not a surprise. Hope the players find new homes and the women's professional league comes back next year. Maybe not as the WPS, but with a new name and a business model that allows them to succeed.

keeper
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrfn on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:59 pm

A real bummer for another Pilot to have been drafted. Poor Foxhoven. Danielle deserves to be playing somewhere with her talent. Terrible timing for this to happen at this point in her career. I believe she still is on the U23 National team but she needs to get playing somewhere to keep up her skills that have been slowed I think by poor recruiting the last couple of years. Hope she can find a place tha can use her talent to get the recognition she deserves.

scrfn
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Ella Masar Blog Post

If you haven't read this it is kind of a must, just one woman's story about the toxic situation behind the scenes at MagicJack.... Yeesh.

DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:34 pm

Although the WPS season for 2012 is suspended, many of the players will still get to play. The WPSL has created an Elite division and is expecting at least 4 teams for 2012 with both the Boston Breakers and the Western NY Flash already committed. If the WPS dies, plans are in the works for WPSL teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle...among others for 2013.
I don't know if the WPS players will all be interested, but I'm sure they don't want to go without competition for an entire year.
This new league is semi-pro, so there will not be extremely high salaries which helped sink the WPS.
I wish them well.

purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum