Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sticks and Stones?

2 posters

Go down

Sticks and Stones? Empty Sticks and Stones?

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:00 am

Luis Suarez, who seems to be the Rasheed Wallace of soccer, has been suspended from his Liverpool FC team for racially abusing an oppenent in October. The suspension is for 8 games. Red Card!

I am glad to hear that there are no longer abusive taunts, chants and jeers occurring at English futbol games. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Sticks and Stones? Empty Re: Sticks and Stones?

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:31 am

You'd think that Sudaco would know better...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Then I read that John Terry is being criminally charged for comments made to an opposing player in a game?!

The NFL better rethink their plans to have games in London. If they will criminally charge Terry, the captain of the national team, what the heck would they do to Ndamukong Suh?

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:19 pm

I wasn't aware Terry was up on criminal charges (it is possible), but he is being charged by the FA for what he allegedly said to Anton Ferdinand, same as Suarez was charged for what he said to Patrice Evra.

Evra is also the subject of an FA complaint since in his testimony he admitted using some not-so-nice language to Suarez.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:21 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:I wasn't aware Terry was up on criminal charges (it is possible), but he is being charged by the FA for what he allegedly said to Anton Ferdinand, same as Suarez was charged for what he said to Patrice Evra.

Evra is also the subject of an FA complaint since in his testimony he admitted using some not-so-nice language to Suarez.

john-terry-racism-criminal-charges I read somewhere that there was no FA suspension because it was in the criminal courts.

Mr. Terry is not having a good month. Terror-John-Terry-family-footballers-home-attacked-raiders-plays-Premier-League-game The article says private security chased away the home invaders. Good thing he can afford private security, because if you defend your home in England, you are likely to be criminally charged yourself.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum