Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comcast TV Package

4 posters

Go down

Comcast TV Package Empty Comcast TV Package

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:22 am

According to the Comcast website we have all of our home conference games (that are not on ESPN or BYUtv) on CSNNW as well as some of the away ones. Link I wonder why UP has not made and announcements or changes to the schedule online yet?

Last edited by RipCityPilot on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Comcast TV Package Empty Re: Comcast TV Package

Post by blacksheep Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:51 am

I also wonder why UP doesn't link to the opposing teams Internet feeds. It would be a lot easier if I can go to portlandpilots.com to get all the feeds rather than searching the opposing team's website.

What channel is BYUtv on Comcast? I assume I would need to upgrade my cable package to get it.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 pm

blacksheep wrote:

What channel is BYUtv on Comcast? I assume I would need to upgrade my cable package to get it.

I get BYU-TV on Comcast 234, but watch out, you may be converted! Twisted Evil
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:09 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

I get BYU-TV on Comcast 234, but watch out, you may be converted! Twisted Evil
Well, if they'd drink Big Horn Blondes with him, there's always a chance! Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:00 pm

up7587 wrote:
Well, if they'd drink Big Horn Blondes with him, there's always a chance! Cheers!

Yea, I don’t want to take us too far off message here, but they were really pounding them back. Of course I bought the last round, the Big Horn Blondes, because it was to toast Larry santa , but they weren’t shy.

I asked if they had class in the morning, but all denied anything before noon; kind of like my schedule.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Now that this has gotten completely off topic... the athletics website now has the CSN games posted on the schedule. I guess I spoke too soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 pm

According to the UP website, 15 of the last 16 games are on TV. I think thats reason enough to buy a new recliner. Maybe one of those oversized leather jobbies.

oldtimer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:36 pm

I just broke down and upgraded my cable package to include BYUtv. It really only gets me one Pilot game, but it was only $10 buck a month.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:57 pm

blacksheep wrote:I just broke down and upgraded my cable package to include BYUtv. It really only gets me one Pilot game, but it was only $10 buck a month.

Really, $120 per year for BYUtv and one game – have you already been converted?? Fortunately Comcast gives you 30 days to cancel your order.

For that price I will go under the bridge to pick you up, and then drive you across the other bridge to my place to watch the game on the big screen, and drink $120 worth of Geez worthy beer. Honest! Couch Potato
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:45 pm

No contract. I figured I would watch at least a few other WCC games. Then I'll cancel it at the end of the season.

It does come with some other channels, so who knows, I might find something I like and keep it. It think it includes the NASCAR channel. That fits my drinking, gambling, swearing ways. Cheers!

I'm still going to rely on you for our Ken Pomeroy updates though.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:47 pm

30 days? Then blacksheep should use that to his advantage. For one game thats the way to go.

oldtimer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:17 pm

blacksheep wrote:No contract. I figured I would watch at least a few other WCC games. Then I'll cancel it at the end of the season.
If you want to see our WCC opponents on TV without waiting for BYUtv, you can select Root TV tomorrow (Saturday) at 11AM PST to see BYU play Utah, a team we play in Salt Lake City December 19. And, if you’re not able to be at the Pilots game, you can watch Michigan St. at Gonzaga at 6PM PST on ESPN2. Couch Potato
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:03 am

blacksheep wrote:It does come with some other channels, so who knows, I might find something I like and keep it. It think it includes the NASCAR channel. That fits my drinking, gambling, swearing ways. Cheers!
Yeehaw! Feb. 26th, Daytona 500. Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:57 am

Found it! This article has all of the TV listings and updates...
http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2011/12/21/MBB_1221113744.aspx

12/21/2011 10:35:00 AM
SAN BRUNO, Calif. --- The University of Portland will have 15 of its 16 West Coast Conference men’s basketball games televised this season, including three nationally on the ESPN family of networks. The Pilots will once again be featured primarily on Comcast SportsNet Northwest with a total of nine games on the network.

Portland will be featured on ESPN2 when it hosts Gonzaga on Thursday, Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. The Pilots game at Santa Clara (Feb. 2) and home contest versus Saint Mary’s (Feb. 23) will also be nationally televised on ESPNU.

After opening the 2011-12 WCC schedule at Gonzaga on Dec. 28 (ROOT), the Pilots will host Santa Clara (Feb. 5) and Pepperdine (Feb. 7) with both games aired live on CSN-NW. All other Portland WCC contests will air on CSN-NW either live, or tape-delayed. The two tape-delayed games, Jan. 14 at Saint Mary’s and Feb. 18 at Pepperdine, will air live on CSN-Bay Area and Fox Sports West, respectively.

Both games against the BYU Cougars will be televised nationally on BYUtv. Portland’s only non-televised game will be at San Francisco on Thursday, Jan. 12.

The WCC will have nearly 80 percent of this year’s conference games (57 of 72) televised on a national, regional, or local level. Seventeen of those games will be broadcast on the ESPN family networks and an additional 40 games will be aired in the markets of both competing teams through conference and school partnerships with Comcast, Fox, Cox, ROOT Sports and BYUtv. In addition, the 15 non-televised games will be streamed live on the internet via the host institution’s official web page.

“This is an exciting time to be a part of the West Coast Conference with the addition of BYU and one of the top men’s basketball television packages in the country,” WCC Commissioner Jamie Zaninovich said. “The 2011-12 conference season will be one of the most competitive in the history of the WCC and we are pleased to have that race play out over regional and national television in January and February, thanks to our phenomenal group of television partners.”

Below is the complete television schedule for the Pilots during WCC play.

2011-12 Portland TV Schedule
(All times Pacific; TD – aired on tape delayed basis)

Dec. 28 at Gonzaga, 6:00 p.m. (ROOT NW)
Jan. 5 vs Santa Clara, 8:00 p.m. (Live on CSN-NW/CSN California TD at 10:30 p.m.)
Jan. 7 vs Pepperdine, 5:00 p.m. (CSN-NW/Fox West)
Jan. 14 at Saint Mary’s, 8:00 p.m. (Live on CSN Bay Area/CSN-NW TD at 9:00 p.m.)
Jan. 19 vs San Diego, 8:00 p.m. (CSN-NW/Channel 4 San Diego)
Jan. 21 vs San Francisco, 1:30 p.m. (CSN-NW/CSN Bay Area Plus)
Jan. 26 vs Gonzaga, 8:00 p.m. (ESPN2/ESPN3.com)
Jan. 28 at Loyola Marymount, 7:00 p.m. (CSN-NW, Fox West)
Feb. 2 at Santa Clara, 7:00 p.m. (ESPNU)
Feb. 4 vs BYU, 7:00 p.m. (BYUtv)
Feb. 9 vs Loyola Marymount, 8:00 p.m. (Live on CSN-NW, Fox Prime Ticket TD at 10:00 p.m.)
Feb. 16 at San Diego, 5:30 p.m. (CSN-NW, Channel 4 San Diego)
Feb. 18 at Pepperdine, 7:00 p.m. (Live on Fox Prime Ticket, CSN-NW TD at 10:30 p.m.)
Feb. 23 vs Saint Mary’s, 7:00 p.m. (ESPNU)
Feb. 25 at BYU, 3:00 p.m. (BYUtv)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks, I just bought tickets to the game at USF. No sense missing any games with that great TV package.

Now, if we can just figure a way for our out-of-area fans to pick up CSN-NW!

Is there a way, anyone? santa
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:56 pm

This is amazing TV coverage... well done WCC & UP! CSN-NW has been a great partner the past few seasons.

Interesting that the game @USF wasnt picked up; pre-season, that was a potentially significant matchup...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down