Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 am

Check it: http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/11/university_of_portland_takes_a.html

Apparently we are really aggressive, but I don't mind.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Woodless! on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 am

"In our advertising, we will not be taking shots at the NBA or the Blazers"

Thanks for the sanctimonious drivel, PSU


Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Age : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Not so smart marketing by the Viks

Post by PilotNut on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 am

I found it interesting that while UP was smartly going all-out on the hoops season ticket discount on OregonLive, PSU has been advertsing almost as much for their football program, which only has 1 home game left (this Saturday)... I think our marketing plan is MUCH more appropriate, with a full season of home games still ahead... The PSU football blitz for only 1 game seems to be a total waste; they should have been advertising basketball this time of year, too. (Their loss & our gain...)

I have heard that the plan is in fact selling tickets! Basketball

_________________
Run 'Em Aground Pilots!

PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3918
Age : 43
Location : The 503
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by up7587 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:07 pm

PilotNut wrote:I have heard that the plan is in fact selling tickets! Basketball
[sarcasm]There goes the easy parking.[/sarcasm]

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3522
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Geezaldinho on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:08 pm

up7587 wrote:
PilotNut wrote:I have heard that the plan is in fact selling tickets! Basketball
[sarcasm]There goes the easy parking.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, but the new folks probably don't know about the $3 beers in the Pilot Club.


Oh, wait...

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by PilotNut on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Oh, wait...

I'm bringing Tupperware to the next game to load up on pokies & snack mix, in case they pull those, too...

_________________
Run 'Em Aground Pilots!

PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3918
Age : 43
Location : The 503
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Woodless! wrote:"In our advertising, we will not be taking shots at the NBA or the Blazers"

Thanks for the sanctimonious drivel, PSU


Instead we will be talking about our high school gym and our schedule featuring massive games with Linfield and Walla Walla coming up.

They drew 827 for Tuesday's game so whatever marketing plan they have must be working wonders.


Last edited by PurplePrideTrumpet on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Age : 35
Location : Section 18A, Row 5
Registration date : 2007-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Geezaldinho on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
Woodless! wrote:"In our advertising, we will not be taking shots at the NBA or the Blazers"

Thanks for the sanctimonious drivel, PSU


Instead we will be talking about our high school gym and our schedule featuring massive opponents such as Walla Walla, Linfield, and Cal St.-Bakersfield.

Head straight to the health center. Ask to have your Lithium levels checked.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:
PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
Woodless! wrote:"In our advertising, we will not be taking shots at the NBA or the Blazers"

Thanks for the sanctimonious drivel, PSU


Instead we will be talking about our high school gym and our schedule featuring massive opponents such as Walla Walla, Linfield, and Cal St.-Bakersfield.

Head straight to the health center. Ask to have your Lithium levels checked.
Mildred said she was busy all day with another patient. Something about no more beer in the Pilot Club.

PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Age : 35
Location : Section 18A, Row 5
Registration date : 2007-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by up7587 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 pm

PilotNut wrote:I'm bringing Tupperware to the next game to load up on pokies & snack mix, in case they pull those, too...

Per an email the AD office just sent out, looks like you'll still get your snacks:
- Pilot Club: The Pilot Club will again be located on the upper level south mezzanine, but will now be open and available for pre-game gatherings starting 90 minutes before tip-off in addition to halftime. Alcohol will no longer be served in this section ó per WCC rules ó but complementary snacks and soft drinks will still be served. Bistro-style tables and four flat screen 50-inch televisions that have both DIRECTV and in-arena video feeds will provide a fun and entertaining atmosphere for Pilot Club members to enjoy.

Four TVs? Now if they just had some recliners!

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3522
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by pilotram on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 am

Why is the WCC cracking down on booze?

pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1110
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2009-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by up7587 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:24 am

pilotram wrote:Why is the WCC cracking down on booze?

Much as I like conspiracies, supposedly this policy is one the WCC has been pushing for a few years. confused

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3522
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Geezaldinho on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:26 am

up7587 wrote:
pilotram wrote:Why is the WCC cracking down on booze?

Much as I like conspiracies, supposedly this policy is one the WCC has been pushing for a few years. confused

Note that they are mostly interested in not having booze it public venues.

The are still fine with booze in the skyboxes in Vegas.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by blacksheep on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:35 am

There will still be beer in the HOF room at Chiles for $1,000+ donors. "They" just don't want us commoners to have beer.

I think it's about time for us 99%ers to occupy!

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 929
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:39 am

And don't forget we've got Woodless across the street at the Alumni House -- but that might just be for Alums, blacksheep Razz

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6264
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by blacksheep on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:44 am

DoubleDipper wrote: And don't forget we've got Woodless across the street at the Alumni House -- but that might just be for Alums, blacksheep Razz

The Geez and I will be crashing that party.

Besides, I think that sitting through Larry Steele's .284 winning percentage all those years makes me an honorary alum.



Last edited by blacksheep on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 929
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by pilotram on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 am

up7587 wrote:
pilotram wrote:Why is the WCC cracking down on booze?

Much as I like conspiracies, supposedly this policy is one the WCC has been pushing for a few years. confused

All these Catholics, and I can't get a drink around here? Mad

pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1110
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2009-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by PilotNut on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 pm

blacksheep wrote:Besides, I think that sitting through Larry Steele's .284 winning percentage all those years makes me an honorary alum.
Seriously, you have paid your dues!

Alumni House: As a person that once lived directly across the street from Chiles Center (although a different house), I can confirm that it is possible at half time to run out the back door of Chiles and across the street, down a beverage or 3, and run back before the 2nd half begins...
drunken


_________________
Run 'Em Aground Pilots!

PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3918
Age : 43
Location : The 503
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Rob's Jacket on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:19 pm

blacksheep wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote: And don't forget we've got Woodless across the street at the Alumni House -- but that might just be for Alums, blacksheep Razz

The Geez and I will be crashing that party.

Besides, I think that sitting through Larry Steele's .284 winning percentage all those years makes me an honorary alum.


My family got season tickets the year after the Pilots made the NCAAs. Does that qualify me to join the crashing?

_________________
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

"Iím excited about being part of the Pilot Nation." - Terry Porter

Rob's Jacket
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 774
Location : On the court
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by dholcombe on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:24 pm

It qualifies you as an official bandwagon jumper.

dholcombe
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 427
Location : Aloha
Registration date : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by dholcombe on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Although it appeared Woodless invited anyone from pilotnation for Sunday in his other post, not just the usual alumni. I've yet to make it out early since the Alumni house opened, but I'm free before the game this Sunday so I'll likely be there.

dholcombe
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 427
Location : Aloha
Registration date : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by pilotram on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:27 pm

PilotNut wrote:
blacksheep wrote:Besides, I think that sitting through Larry Steele's .284 winning percentage all those years makes me an honorary alum.
Seriously, you have paid your dues!

Alumni House: As a person that once lived directly across the street from Chiles Center (although a different house), I can confirm that it is possible at half time to run out the back door of Chiles and across the street, down a beverage or 3, and run back before the 2nd half begins...
drunken

You did that too?
And here mattywizz and I were, thinking we were all original....

pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1110
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2009-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:33 pm

blacksheep wrote:There will still be beer in the HOF room at Chiles for $1,000+ donors. "They" just don't want us commoners to have beer.
http://www.portlandpilots.com/sports/2008/7/31/GEN_0731082758.aspx

It's official, you can drink beer, get complimentary meal vouchers and park your vehicle up close for $1,000 (or $500 for those of you who have graduated in the last 10 years (note: it says nothing about what you must be a graduate of!))

I guess we'll find out on Sunday night if the beer is "free."

Ps; at some point we need to get back to talking basketball (maybe at the Alumni House on Sunday), but we've still got time before the 7PM tipoff.

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6264
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Geezaldinho on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:40 pm

[quote="DoubleDipper"]
blacksheep wrote:
Ps; at some point we need to get back to talking basketball (maybe at the Alumni House on Sunday), but we've still got time before the 7PM tipoff.

OK, what kind of beer do you like to drink while you are watching Basketball? Razz

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice little Oregonian Write-Up

Post by Rob's Jacket on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:00 pm

dholcombe wrote:It qualifies you as an official bandwagon jumper.

If I were a bandwagon jumper, I'd have started rooting for the Zags the next year.

_________________
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

"Iím excited about being part of the Pilot Nation." - Terry Porter

Rob's Jacket
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 774
Location : On the court
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum