Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle U

+5
Harry Redknapp
WestLinnPilotFan
soccerjoy
Geezaldinho
A_Fan
9 posters

Go down

Seattle U Empty Seattle U

Post by A_Fan Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:34 pm

OK Geezer, what do you know about them? Anyone going up to the game?
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Seattle U Empty Re: Seattle U

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:18 pm

A_Fan wrote:OK Geezer, what do you know about them? Anyone going up to the game?

They are 3-1 and only lost to WSU last weekend by a score of 1-0.
Their wins have been over Sac State, UC Davis, and Idaho. the RPI of those teams is between 110 and 190+, but they have only allowed 1 goal so they know how to defend.

Seattle has been making steady progress in D1 and won championships in the other divisions. they show every sign of heading up that path eventually. Just not quite yet. Obviously, we have to start playing Pilot soccer to make sure that eventuality is way down the road. If we play well, it should be in the bag. Each of the four goals SU has scored is from a different player, they only scored 25 goals last year while giving up 20 to mixed competition. Their top scorer from last year is Jr. Emma Levi (6G) , a transfer from WSU. fast kid.

their biggest win last year was a 2-1 win over #20 UC Irvine, and they tied Colorado and Baylor. they also hung tough against UW (0-1) and lost to OSU(0-3)

Two years ago they lost by a goal to UW, WSU, UO,OSU, Pepp, Gonzaga,and SD, which i find interesting.

I'm going to stay here Friday night to see the men, then go up for Sunday's women's game against BU.

The men only have Friday and Sunday at home and then spend the rest of non-conference on the road, so i'm splitting the weekend. After this weekend, we won't see them until October 7.

You going up?

Last edited by Geezaldinho on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Yes, for both games. See you on Sunday. I'll try to send some updates from the game tomorrow.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:01 pm

You are in luck. They have an open network here, at least so far. I've got my laptop so I'll be chat boxing live from the field. It's sunny and warm here, about equal numbers of SU fans and Pilot fans with 30 minutes until kickoff. Hailee is in uniform, but not warming up. Seattle U. has 29 players on their roster.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Great. Nothing yet on our old friend gametracker, so you are it for now.

WSU is up on Wyoming 2-0,BTW
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Huskies' live chat says we are down by a goal in the 5th minute:

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/090211aab.html

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:56 pm

or by 2 goals in the 5th minute???? What is going on?

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm

I must have the minutes incorrect, it seems, but says we are down 0-2.

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by WestLinnPilotFan Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:06 pm

how is it even possible that we are 2-0 down inside 20 minutes? Shocked confused

Last edited by CraizedPilotFan on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

WestLinnPilotFan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Seattle scored at 19 minutes and aagain at 25 minutes. Still 2-0 according to UW chat:

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/090211aab.html
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 pm

2-0 at HT
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Truly unbelievable. Is the UW chat leader drinking beer early on a Friday...or are we really putting up an egg?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by WestLinnPilotFan Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:33 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:Truly unbelievable. Is the UW chat leader drinking beer early on a Friday...or are we really putting up an egg?

I dont know but when I commented on the chat they replied with the score but refused to tell who actually scored the goals. lets just hope that the person who runs the chat had one too many beers tonight. Exclamation pale apparently the stats are now working and those 2 goals were really scored after all... unbelievable

WestLinnPilotFan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Sorry I lost contact with you all so early in the game. Apparently the Husky wireless is only good for about 15 minutes, then you actually have to sign in which I couldn't do. It was another game spent searching for an effective lineup. The Pilots started out playing pretty well or maybe it was more a case of SU starting slow. After about 15 minutes SU picked it up and was really playing well. Lots of hustle, they seemed to be everywhere. The Pilots on the other hand were too often too late to the ball and too tentative. Both goals came on defensive lapses by the back line. Things seemed to improve in the second half when Cloee came in to anchor the back. SU didn't have nearly as many chances in the second half with her back there. However the outside attack from the back was nearly non-existent with Kassi and MO playing the outside positions. They were playing out of position and really weren't looking to control the ball and go forward. It also helped when Taylor came in with her aggressive style of play. There were a couple of substitutions late in the second half that were real head scratchers for me and the folks sitting nearby. Emily Sipple was effective when she was in there, she really hustles. The most effective offense all afternoon seemed to be Micaela took the ball forward on her own.

I watched the first half of the second game, BU was impressive. They gave as good as they got physically with the Huskies and were much more skilled with the ball at their feet. I see they ended up winning 1-0 which was not a surprise to me. They are going to be a handful for the Pilots. They were similar to SU in that they seemed to be everywhere, contesting every ball.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Seattle U Empty Game Report

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:13 am

The starting lineup was:

Forwards: Capelle -- Sippel

Midfielders: Parker (RM) -- Kreminski (HM) -- Foxhoven (AM) -- Kuhrle (LM)

Defenders: Cruz (RD) -- Nelson (CD) -- K McCluskie (CD) -- Olivier (LD)

GK: Dees

Bridges did not play at all in the game. I'm guessing some kind of injury.

Frisbie came in very late in the game, I'm guessing she's dinged up too.

Colohan did not play in the first half, but played the entire second half, with her right thigh in a wrap. She played central D, with Kassi moving to right D.

Brooke played the entire second half at right mid. Ellen Parker went out and came in later in more of a central Mid position.

DeYoung did not play -- she has an injury, apparently not too bad.

Camelli came in pretty late in the game.

Leahy and L McCluskie did not play.

As you can see, it was a pretty new lineup -- don't know if it was experimental or the result of injuries.

The Seattle players mostly are not big, but have good skills and are very pesky. As has been the case in other games, the Pilots were tentative and tight in the first half. It's like they were having to think all the time about what they wanted to do. (This in fact may be the case as they try to learn how the coaches want them to play.)

Both Seattle goals came up their left side of the field (our right side) and were the result of what I would call defensive lapses. However, I also would say that they were in part the result of the Pilots' overall lack of aggressiveness all over the field, allowing Seattle to get some good chances. The goals were not Erin Dees' fault, she was left too exposed.

In the second half, the Pilots were much more assertive and controlled the ball most of the time. They had chances, but couldn't put the ball in the net; and Seattle, rightly from their point of view, was packing their defensive end of the field.

Cloee being on the field in the second half made a massive difference. Taylor also made a difference with her agressive, disrupting runs. Micaela was a threat but today her passing was not as good as the second half of the WSU game. Also, I thought Emily Sippel had a pretty good game.

Not surprisingly to me, it appears this is going to be a tough year and a test for Pilots fans. They are playing as hard as they can and clearly are trying to learn, but they have a very long way to go and, in my opinion, a greater distance than we have seen in recent years. How far they will get during the season remains to be seen.

UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:22 am

Thanks to A Fan and UPSF for your comments. Helps to understand what's going on.

We knew going in to the season that the big challenge was replacing four super players: Jess, Elli, Keelin and Sophie. And Kendall, who was the answer for Elli, is out (for the season probably).

Dani is playing the attacking mid - and doing pretty well from what I've seen. But there are a lot more questions than answers everywhere else. Cloee is a top player - but has been hurt and has spent a bunch of time trying to learn a new position. Sarah B looks like she might make a go of left d - but now she missed the game. Michelle Cruz is trying to pick up right d. Michelle O plays all over the freakin park - she even played goalie for a few games in the spring once, remember?

Point is we don't have natural replacements for the missing stars so it's going to be a season of challenges - until some players get settled in new spots and others get healthy.

If we're playing MO and Kassi at outside d then it's clear to all of us that we're patching things together.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:26 am

In the 20th minute, Seattle U earned a throw in around the 20 yard line. Sophomore Shawna Anderson (Pasco, Wash.) threw in the ball to junior Emma Levy (Sammamish, Wash.), who was at the top of the 18 yard box. Levy put a touch on it and sailed in a perfect shot past the Pilot goalkeeper Erin Dees.

At 24:41, freshman Megan Daniels (Lake Forest, Calif.) crossed the ball near the UP goal to classmate Stephanie Verdoia (Salt Lake City, Utah). Verdoia shot in the go-ahead goal to the near post for her second goal of the season.

http://www.goseattleu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205265917&DB_OEM_ID=18200

Psychotic
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:17 am

Megan Daniels for SU was a fun player to watch at forward. She is fast, heady, creative and very good with the ball at her feet.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:24 pm

A_Fan shows class by noting an opponent's skill. I should do that more often myself. Th
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down