Terrific conditioning article

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terrific conditioning article

Post by Geezaldinho on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 am

our own Dr. Terry Favaro has an article on UP's conditioning program that is a must read..

http://www.training-conditioning.com/2011/07/31/primed_for_action/index.php

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terrific conditioning article

Post by ejjqb on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

My season ticket holder neighbor and I were talking about this very subject at the game yesterday as it seemed to both of us that the ladies seemed a bit slower than we remember from last year. We wondered if training fatigue could be a factor but this article would say not. We both agreed that at least one of the outside mids was especially gassed early in the game and appeared to be giving up the ball prematurely, and inaccurately, rather than making a move herself. The heat could have been a factor but the heat-accustomed FSU players clearly were faster at key times.

ejjqb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Interesting article. It is apparent that his methods work because the Pilots are noticeably more fit than most of their opponents.

A_Fan
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2007-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm

ejjqb wrote:My season ticket holder neighbor and I were talking about this very subject at the game yesterday as it seemed to both of us that the ladies seemed a bit slower than we remember from last year. We wondered if training fatigue could be a factor but this article would say not. We both agreed that at least one of the outside mids was especially gassed early in the game and appeared to be giving up the ball prematurely, and inaccurately, rather than making a move herself. The heat could have been a factor but the heat-accustomed FSU players clearly were faster at key times.

Appearing gassed early in the game easily could be a sign of nerves, not lack of conditioning.

UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1701
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum