Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USD @ Portland, Thursday, 7pm

+5
PurplePrideTrumpet
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
MesaPilot1
PilotNut
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

USD @ Portland, Thursday, 7pm - Page 2 Empty Re: USD @ Portland, Thursday, 7pm

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:58 am

MesaPilot1 wrote:
DaTruRochin wrote:I really like the switch...

First off I think TD starting instills a different mentality, not like he just has to jump in there and try to force the issue and be a spark. I think that's part of the problem, when he was just inserted he pressed to try to make the most out of his limited minutes. With the starting minutes it lets him calm down, run the offense and let the game come to him.

From Waterford, he's been just a basket case as of late when he makes mistakes. Bringing him off the bench lets him calm down and be more settled without the "starting point guard" pressure that seems to be getting to him. Hopefully it allows for him to get his composure back.

In both ways I think the switch is a psychological thing, and in the grind of a long season it helps both players. Now the back court talent level goes up significantly with this next game... It should be a nice little test for Timmy, thats for sure, but it's awesome that Rev has the confidence in him this early in his Pilot

career.

Dtr, th the best thing about most freshman is they become sophmores, I bet even your guys Pooh stunk the joint up with his street ball mentality or was he always as good as Isiah Thomas or Bob Cousy his whole Pilot career...... Very Happy

I don't remember much about Pooh's freshman year; that was a while ago. But, in more recent history it's good to remember that Timmy was the first Pilot freshman to have WCC Player of the Week in 23 years (since the days of the infamous Greg Anthony) after his 27 point outburst against Portland State. He's had his growing pains too, but, there have been other rock solid games like his most recent one mixed in. He's shown that he knows how to take what a defense gives him, and at the same time Rev knows the value of subbing in guys like Waterford or Derrick Rodgers at important junctures of the game for defensive reasons...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

USD @ Portland, Thursday, 7pm - Page 2 Empty Re: USD @ Portland, Thursday, 7pm

Post by Woodless! Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:41 am

Rev works for Chipotle! It's a damn conspiracy. Let them eat chips! Party!!!
Woodless!
Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2