Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid Major Top 25

4 posters

Go down

Mid Major Top 25 Empty Mid Major Top 25

Post by Stonehouse Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Gaels #1, Zags #2, Pilots #14:

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

Can't say I agree with Montana being ahead of us, considering we beat them at home. Sigh...
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Mid Major Top 25 Empty Re: Mid Major Top 25

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:53 pm

That is kind of ridiculous... Especially considering we have a better overall record as well. It would be interesting to see how the voting broke down as far as ranking based on region/conference affiliation.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Let's see....

Montana lost to us in their house, who everyone says is a very hard place to play.

They also lost to Nevada, who we beat, and to Utah, who we beat.

They are 80 schools lower than us in the RPI.

we beat PSU by a bigger margin than they did, and we did it on the road, they did it at home

if we beat USF this weekend, we will have beaten 4 of the 5 teams they lost to. They haven't beaten anyone we have lost to...
iF we beat SCU, we will have beaten both of the coaches on the voting panel we have faced (Geving and Keating).

I'd say if we beat USF, the mid major ratings will be exposed as a complete fraud.

So lets get it done and show the voting panel what geniuses they are!
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Yeah, the mid-major top 25 is a bit subjective and still a bit of a joke at this stage of the season. Montana is the team that we're most familiar with, but, there are others who also don't deserve to be ahead of us on that list. Take #8: Coastal Carolina. They are #72 on Real Time RPI with a strength of schedule ranking of #260!

We're currently #47 with a strength of schedule ranking of #75. I think what the voters struggle with at this stage of the game is ranking the teams that have a high RPI mostly because they've lost only to high calibur competition (which affects strength of schedule too), and we're definitely in that boat. The thing that is impressive is that I think that every team that we've lost to so far (including WSU) will get a tourney invite when it's all said and done.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down