Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by DaTruRochin on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 pm

So after all the talk of the not so easy win against LMU it's time to move on to the next one. And who better than the Pepperdine Fignting Keion Bells? I'm really curious how the team bounces back for this one, they should be able to walk all over the Waves and it could be a good game to have some of the guys get their confidence back seeing the Waves are dead last in points allowed in the conference.

Pepperdine is decent in offensive rebounding (although teams that shoot 42% from the floor tend to have higher O-rebounding #s) and they do have Keion Bell, the leading scorer in the WCC and Mychal Thompson (who chips in 12.4 per game).

We absolutely should win this game, I see it as a very good opportunity for the team to get back to basics, take care of the ball and just play smart basketball. If the team can to do that, we'll be 10-0 at the EACC.


Links:

Live Stats/Video

DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Location : Boston, MA
Registration date : 2007-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by onetouchfutbol on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah, hopefully Rev is talking to the guys about laying to rest the bad habits that we've developed in terms of ball handling in the past 2 games. If we play closer to the way we played for the first 12 games of the season, this one shouldn't be so close. I'm hoping for a 9-15 point win...

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by ShipstadPilot11 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 am

Take care of the ball and neutralize Bell = win.

ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 899
Age : 28
Location : P-Town, Oregon
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by slick on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Go Pilots! Beat the Waves!

(And for all you NorCal fans .. start making your plans for the 20th and 22nd .. let's see LOTS of Purple in those Bay Area gyms.)

slick
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by Rochin54 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:25 pm

No audio on the video feed....

Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 668
Location : Suburbia
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by MesaPilot1 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Rochin54 wrote:No Freaking @#25%(@ audio on the video feed....
-fixed your post

Same here in Mesa, @#&+ 1;5 $

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by pilotfan4life on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:47 pm


pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 58
Location : Portland, OR
Registration date : 2007-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by Rochin54 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Audio is now back on the video stream!!!!

Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 668
Location : Suburbia
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by Rochin54 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 pm

D'oh!!!

Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 668
Location : Suburbia
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by Geezaldinho on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:23 pm

nice win. a little sloppy.


But it was nice to see Jared start hitting again, especially on a night when NEM went a little cold.

and the defense was great. Guys diving on the floor and four, and then five freshmen on the floor to start over 10 minutes of allowing Pepperdine only one point!!!
Luke took at LEAST five charges - should have gotten a couple more.

the post game interviews on the ride home were a hoot. I especially liked the advertisement telling us the difference between full blown Demonic possession and just slight Demonic possesion and how to tell the difference.

Then the Noah's Ark and evolution ad kind of put the topping on the cake.


Last edited by Purplegeezer on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by ShipstadPilot11 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Pepperdine Scoring:

2nd Half vs Gonzaga - 45 pts
All Night vs Portland - 42 pts

ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 899
Age : 28
Location : P-Town, Oregon
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by MesaPilot1 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:nice win. a little splopy/
I AGREE!

But it was nice to see Jared start hitting again, especially on a night when NWM went a little cold.
Yes, we fans have been so spoiled by Jared for years now, it's a relief to see him get the threes falling again...

and the defense was great. Guys diving on the floor and four, and then five freshmen on the floor to start over 10 minutes of allowing Pepperdine only one point!!!

Play of game, Jasonn on the floor, Double K on the floor,& another Pilot all struggling to get the ball with floorburns shared by all, HUSTLE, what we lack in athletism we make up for in toughness, and grit.


the post game interviews on the ride home were a hoot. I especially liked the advertisement telling us the difference between full blown Demonic possession and just slight Demonic possesion and how to tell the difference.

No, I promise the mods they don't have to use this service on Mesa, he is sworn to good boy behavior the rest of the senior season, lol.
Then the Noah's Ark and evolution ad kind of put the topping on the cake.

Sorry to hijack your post, but I just couldn't resist...

MESAPILOT1


Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pilots win, MESAS HAPPY!!!)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by Geezaldinho on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:53 pm

I can't remember exactly, probably because we pre-funked at the Lucky Lab, but I think the slight Demonic possession had something to do with drinking beer.....

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by onetouchfutbol on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:I can't remember exactly, probably because we pre-funked at the Lucky Lab, but I think the slight Demonic possession had something to do with drinking beer.....

I miss the Lucky Lab. It's great to get another win against a team that we should beat. Still no unexpected or embarrassing losses on the season! Pretty remarkable when you think about it. The Waves have sure taken a tumble since the days of Doug Christie and company. I hope that our rise to greatness in the WCC has a little bit more longevity to it than theirs did...

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:
Purplegeezer wrote:nice win. a little splopy/
I AGREE!

But it was nice to see Jared start hitting again, especially on a night when NWM went a little cold.
Yes, we fans have been so spoiled by Jared for years now, it's a relief to see him get the threes falling again...

and the defense was great. Guys diving on the floor and four, and then five freshmen on the floor to start over 10 minutes of allowing Pepperdine only one point!!!

Play of game, Jasonn on the floor, Double K on the floor,& another Pilot all struggling to get the ball with floorburns shared by all, HUSTLE, what we lack in athletism we make up for in toughness, and grit.


the post game interviews on the ride home were a hoot. I especially liked the advertisement telling us the difference between full blown Demonic possession and just slight Demonic possesion and how to tell the difference.

No, I promise the mods they don't have to use this service on Mesa, he is sworn to good boy behavior the rest of the senior season, lol.
Then the Noah's Ark and evolution ad kind of put the topping on the cake.

Sorry to hijack your post, but I just couldn't resist...

MESAPILOT1
So in the program tonight there was an interview with Mesa's favorite Pilot. At the end he was asked, "Anyone else you'd like to thank?" He said, "Hello to my dog Rolly in Mesa." Shocked

PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Age : 35
Location : Section 18A, Row 5
Registration date : 2007-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by MesaPilot1 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:20 am

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
MesaPilot1 wrote:
Purplegeezer wrote:nice win. a little splopy/
I AGREE!

But it was nice to see Jared start hitting again, especially on a night when NWM went a little cold.
Yes, we fans have been so spoiled by Jared for years now, it's a relief to see him get the threes falling again...

and the defense was great. Guys diving on the floor and four, and then five freshmen on the floor to start over 10 minutes of allowing Pepperdine only one point!!!

Play of game, Jasonn on the floor, Double K on the floor,& another Pilot all struggling to get the ball with floorburns shared by all, HUSTLE, what we lack in athletism we make up for in toughness, and grit.


the post game interviews on the ride home were a hoot. I especially liked the advertisement telling us the difference between full blown Demonic possession and just slight Demonic possesion and how to tell the difference.

No, I promise the mods they don't have to use this service on Mesa, he is sworn to good boy behavior the rest of the senior season, lol.
Then the Noah's Ark and evolution ad kind of put the topping on the cake.

Sorry to hijack your post, but I just couldn't resist...

MESAPILOT1
So in the program tonight there was an interview with Mesa's favorite Pilot. At the end he was asked, "Anyone else you'd like to thank?" He said, "Hello to my dog Rolly in Mesa." Shocked
Well you know all the fans of the UP Mens BB team ought to give a shout out to Rolly (Double K's dog in Mesa) because he was Kramers workout partner during the summers and school breaks...He gave Double K all that endurance to run the floor, block shots, and enforce the middle with a intentional foul- Embarassed Very Happy from behind on the break....Rolly is an esential part of the Pilot endurance program, in fact to bad she's getting to old now, otherwise Kramer could loan her out to John Bailey our other up and comming Mesa young man for the next 4 yrs in the middle of the Pilot defense....lol.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by DaTruRochin on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 am


DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Location : Boston, MA
Registration date : 2007-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by onetouchfutbol on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:

Seriously?

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by DaTruRochin on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 pm

With all the talk of dogs and basketball, it was a natural segue...

DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Location : Boston, MA
Registration date : 2007-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by Rob's Jacket on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:50 pm

This thread just took a turn for the awesome.

_________________
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

"Iím excited about being part of the Pilot Nation." - Terry Porter

Rob's Jacket
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 774
Location : On the court
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pepperdine @ UP 7 PM Saturday

Post by MesaPilot1 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:54 am

DaTruRochin wrote:With all the talk of dogs and basketball, it was a natural segue...

Thanks DTR, at least you have a great sence of humor, nothing worse than going through life without one....keep up the good Unpaid work...the mods,& administrators never get enough credit....our notice until something goes awry with these web sites, heh?

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum