Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Cup Semifinals

+6
PurplePrideTrumpet
gnarly
santa pilot
fozziewozzie
jc
purple haze
10 posters

Go down

College Cup Semifinals Empty College Cup Semifinals

Post by purple haze Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Notre Dame came on strong in the first game of today's double-header, beating Ohio State 1-0. ND seemed to wear down the Buckeyes in the second half and secured a big shot advantage (sound familiar?) but didn't score till late in the game. OSU couldn't seem to string together any passes toward the end. So we now know one of the teams playing for the College Cup title.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

College Cup Semifinals Empty Final Four

Post by jc Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Notre Dame over Ohio State 1-0. I watched the first half of this and (subject to the limitations of TV viewing) was not overly impressed with either team. Sure I'm biased, but I think our 2010 squad is superior to both.
jc
jc
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

College Cup Semifinals Empty Re: College Cup Semifinals

Post by fozziewozzie Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

I know, Im a sore loser.
I watched the 1st half of the ND vs Ohio St an I am still choking on seeing these teams this far into the tourney an our gals sitting at home!
I know that all is not fair, espicially in life, let alone in sports. But our girls didnt deserve this outcome an I wonder when we will find that 'IT' player again?

!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by santa pilot Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:05 pm

2nd game Stanford 2 BC nil.

Stanford wins on a well played game. BC kept them honest. Weather was 43 degrees with lite breeze.

1st game ND totally dominated. Ohio St keep made several great saves ND outshot them by a bunch and O St only had a couple of scoring opportunties.

Scoreboard is terrible; shows only score and time.

santa pilot
santa pilot
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gnarly Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Wonder if we might bid for college cup with new Timbers stadium. We can have 43 degree day here and get a good croud too.

gnarly
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:26 pm

gnarly wrote:Wonder if we might bid for college cup with new Timbers stadium. We can have 43 degree day here and get a good croud too.
I would love it. The issue is that I think the host school has to actually play in the stadium. UNC plays at WakeMed a few times each year even though the primary tenant is the RailHawks, a Division 2 club. The NCAA also prefers grass. The pitch will be turf because of all the use it will be getting. The FO is telling us grass will be brought in for "big" matches so maybe the College Cup would qualify as "big" enough.

What I really dream about is a women's national team game there.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
gnarly wrote:Wonder if we might bid for college cup with new Timbers stadium. We can have 43 degree day here and get a good croud too.
I would love it. The issue is that I think the host school has to actually play in the stadium. UNC plays at WakeMed a few times each year even though the primary tenant is the RailHawks, a Division 2 club. The NCAA also prefers grass. The pitch will be turf because of all the use it will be getting. The FO is telling us grass will be brought in for "big" matches so maybe the College Cup would qualify as "big" enough.

What I really dream about is a women's national team game there.

I don't think the host has to play in the stadium. UNC wasn't the host this year anyway, and hasn't been the host of record for a while.
NC State is the host this time. UNC Greensboro was last time, I think, along with another school.

There are a couple of things that go against PGE. first, it's Turf, and the NCAA favors grass for the College Cup in its bid package. Also, its size may actually go against it unless UP and PSU convince the NCAA we can fill the place. They don't want a half-empty stadium on TV, and have removed seats from venues a couple times to make it look sold out.

Lastly, I don't think UP wants to host at PGE. they want to showcase the campus. that's the whole purpose for hosting for them.

The next Cup is at 8,300 seat Kenesaw State, a wonderful new stadium that is for women's Soccer and women's Lacrosse only.
College Cup Semifinals KSUSS
http://www.ksuowls.com/news/2010/8/31/WSOC_0831105829.aspx

If UP added 2,000 - 3,000 seats and sold them all at retail (many seats in Cary are discounted to youth soccer) we could compete.
Imagine the canopies in Purple and white Very Happy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:32 am

Founded in 1963, Kennesaw State University (KSU) is the third-largest university in Georgia with more than 22,500 undergraduate and graduate students representing 142 countries.

KSU is located just northwest of Atlanta in Cobb County near historic Kennesaw Mountain, allowing students to experience the best of Atlanta while enjoying the serenity of a 384-acre, beautifully landscaped pedestrian-friendly campus.

Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), KSU offers 70 bachelor's, master's and doctorate degree programs including undergraduate degrees in education, health, business, the humanities, the arts, science and math. The university’s graduate degree programs include nursing, business, information systems, conflict management, public administration, education and professional writing. KSU’s expanding Ph.D. program currently offers a Doctorate of Education in Leadership for Learning, Doctorate of Business Administration and Doctorate of Nursing.

Kennesaw State’s nursing program is the largest nursing program in Georgia, and also one of the best. KSU’s nursing students have one of the highest passing rates on the statewide licensing exam and are highly sought-after in the medical community.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:15 am

I'll watch at least some of the College Cup final tomorrow and, lesser of two evils, root for Stanford.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Did anyone else notice a vague similarity between Cloee and BC's central defender (forgot her name already - ACC defender of the year)? From a distance, and on TV, she seemed to have the same kind of build, the same upright playing posture, and the confidence in her play. She didn't step up into entry passes and disrupt anything like Cloee does, but she defended 0ne v one very well.

Indeed - our defense will be solid for the next few years.

PH - I think I'll watch as a neutral observer.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 pm

fan from afar wrote:Did anyone else notice a vague similarity between Cloee and BC's central defender (forgot her name already - ACC defender of the year)? From a distance, and on TV, she seemed to have the same kind of build, the same upright playing posture, and the confidence in her play. She didn't step up into entry passes and disrupt anything like Cloee does, but she defended 0ne v one very well.

Indeed - our defense will be solid for the next few years.

PH - I think I'll watch as a neutral observer.

I think you may be referring to Allyssa Pember? great player.

She grew up on Long Island very close to where I did.

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/pember_alyssa00.html

I can't wait to see Cloee develop in the next 3 years. I think it will be mind boggling.

And I have no favorite. I'd like to see good play.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:20 pm

I don't think Pember was the name I was thinking of. Wasn't she the freshman central defender? I think I am thinking of the other central defender. They were both excellent.

Cloee is such a dominant player right now - with three years left? Mind boggling is right.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Pember is a Junior as is Alaina Beyer, who I think was the other CD.

the other two defenders were Hannah Ceronne and Chelsea Regan, both seniors, and they usually play the outside spots.

Kate McCarthy might have been the freshman you are thinking of, and she might have been the D mid. it's a bit of a blur when you don't see them much.

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Well, I just figured out why the names you mentioned weren't ringing any bells. I was thinking of an OSU defender, not BC, and I guess that might be the reason no one else saw the resemblance to Cloee. Name is Cassie Dickerson, and I think I heard she was Big 10 defender of the year. I believe she had a freshman partnering with her at central D, and I thought they both looked quite good, except that the freshman (I am pretty sure) was the one who got beat on the ND score.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:29 pm

You have to feel bad for BC's Hannah Ceronne. She was the one who put the ball over the crossbar from close in, late in the second half. Then, she was the one who had the ball coming to her on a short-pass goal kick from BC's keeper when Stanford's Lindsay Taylor stole it and scored Stanford's second goal. The latter, in my opinion, wasn't really Ceronne's fault -- the keeper should have seen Taylor and not kicked it to Ceronne. Still it looked like she was devastated.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down