Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Better at Home: Gonzaga or Portland?

+3
Geezaldinho
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
7 posters

Go down

Who's Better at Home: Gonzaga or Portland? Empty Who's Better at Home: Gonzaga or Portland?

Post by Stonehouse Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Trick question! Over the past three years, both teams have only lost four games in their home gyms.

Imagine that... since the start of the 2008-09 season, UP is 30-4 in the Chiles Center.

I mean... I can't even wrap my head around that statistic. 30-4?!? Really!?! This from the team that up to that point had finished above .500, what, two or three times since the early 80s?

Eric Reveno... may he stay here at The Bluff forever.

Last edited by Stonehouse on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Who's Better at Home: Gonzaga or Portland? Empty Re: Who's Better at Home: Gonzaga or Portland?

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm

So when do we declare, "Give UP Coaches a Hug Day"?
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Who's Better at Home: Gonzaga or Portland? Empty Re: Who's Better at Home: Gonzaga or Portland?

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:32 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:So when do we declare, "Give UP Coaches a Hug Day"?

if you get past "hug an AD day" and survive, you can name your day.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 pm

hahaha "Shake Your AD's Hand Day" is intimidating enough....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah, I heard that record (30-4) during the broadcast last night...I believe. Now comes the challenge...no more home games until Boise State on 12/22...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:40 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:Yeah, I heard that record (30-4) during the broadcast last night...I believe. Now comes the challenge...no more home games until Boise State on 12/22...

EXACTLY, crucial stretch of games....next to the ZAGGETTE, Gaels doubleheaders...hopefully some of our highly touted recruits like Nicholas (I rrecall some one on here saying how he dominated Robin, Luke, and Kramer during his recruiting visit, lol, lol...) can get up off the bench and provide support to our"weak, depleted" inside game, sic...

Mesapilot1 Very Happy

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:
onetouchfutbol wrote:Yeah, I heard that record (30-4) during the broadcast last night...I believe. Now comes the challenge...no more home games until Boise State on 12/22...

EXACTLY, crucial stretch of games....next to the ZAGGETTE, Gaels doubleheaders...hopefully some of our highly touted recruits like Nicholas (I rrecall some one on here saying how he dominated Robin, Luke, and Kramer during his recruiting visit, lol, lol...) can get up off the bench and provide support to our"weak, depleted" inside game, sic...

Mesapilot1 Very Happy

Haha - Mesa, you are the man! Seriously, I think both Kramer and Luke are doing great for our inside game. I love Kramer's game. He reminds me of the "enforcer" on a hockey team. Just does the dirty work with a smile on his face. Takes an elbow from a frustrated opponent. Then dunks on someone's face. BOOM!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:45 pm

For whatever reason, we've always been way better than average at Chiles. Between 1993 and 1996 - that's Larry Steele's last year and Chavez' first two - the Pilots were 32-7 at the Chiles Center, with a pair of home wins over the Zags.* In 1999-2000, UP went 10-18 overall - but 9-5 at home.

Don't get me wrong, 30-4 is really impressive, but the next step for the program is winning consistently on the road. Can it start on Friday?

*Our last home wins over the Zags. Embarassed

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874

Back to top Go down