Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

Post by Stonehouse on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:49 pm

From the official release:

"Stohlís 22 three-pointers made led the nation as of Nov. 25. He led the nation in 3-point percentage last season (.478) and could become the first player in NCAA history to do it two years in a row. Stohl is already the UP record holder in threes made (267) and is second in school history in 3-point pct (.456)."

Amazing.

Stonehouse
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2990
Age : 34
Location : Portland, OR
Registration date : 2007-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

Post by onetouchfutbol on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:37 pm

Let's hope he goes off on someone that we aren't supposed to beat again this season. Smile Hopefully, Rev is teaching the young guys like Barker to set him some screens...

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

Post by Rochin54 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:01 am

That's a pretty fantastic feat. One thing that would greatly help Stohl out, at least I think this, is drawing some fouls on guys that are grabing him and bodying him up. It will be inevitable that teams just start blanketing him on defense. This is tough, because it also inhibits our offense set from running efficiently. Right now, I think he is allowing guys to defend him with a little more force and contact than would generally be allowed.

I can tell he is working on it, but he's (and Rev) got to make the refs keep his defenders honest.

Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 668
Location : Suburbia
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

Post by onetouchfutbol on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:40 am

Rochin54 wrote:That's a pretty fantastic feat. One thing that would greatly help Stohl out, at least I think this, is drawing some fouls on guys that are grabing him and bodying him up. It will be inevitable that teams just start blanketing him on defense. This is tough, because it also inhibits our offense set from running efficiently. Right now, I think he is allowing guys to defend him with a little more force and contact than would generally be allowed.

I can tell he is working on it, but he's (and Rev) got to make the refs keep his defenders honest.

What about just setting some picks and screens so that some of those guys don't touch his shot at all? I love Rev's system, and at the same time, I wish we ran just a little bit more pick and roll to make the screens for shooters more effective... Oh well, how can you really complain about first in the nation?
Very Happy Very Happy

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

Post by Rochin54 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:58 am

onetouchfutbol wrote:
Rochin54 wrote:That's a pretty fantastic feat. One thing that would greatly help Stohl out, at least I think this, is drawing some fouls on guys that are grabing him and bodying him up. It will be inevitable that teams just start blanketing him on defense. This is tough, because it also inhibits our offense set from running efficiently. Right now, I think he is allowing guys to defend him with a little more force and contact than would generally be allowed.

I can tell he is working on it, but he's (and Rev) got to make the refs keep his defenders honest.

What about just setting some picks and screens so that some of those guys don't touch his shot at all? I love Rev's system, and at the same time, I wish we ran just a little bit more pick and roll to make the screens for shooters more effective... Oh well, how can you really complain about first in the nation?
Very Happy Very Happy

Ha - yea, really can't complain about that!

I think Jared probably could run off of picks a bit better as well. I actually like that we don't run a ton of plays especially for Jared, and have his shots come in the flow. Our fast breaking also helps get him some looks. I'd like to see us really keep pushing the ball.

Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 668
Location : Suburbia
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

Post by Geezaldinho on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:38 am

Stonehouse wrote:From the official release:

"Stohlís 22 three-pointers made led the nation as of Nov. 25. He led the nation in 3-point percentage last season (.478) and could become the first player in NCAA history to do it two years in a row. Stohl is already the UP record holder in threes made (267) and is second in school history in 3-point pct (.456)."

Amazing.

He's not even leading the TEAM in 3pt%.

Waterford and Barker both have bragging rights over him. Basketball

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stohl Leading Nation in 3pt% and 3pt made

Post by onetouchfutbol on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 am

Rochin54 wrote:
onetouchfutbol wrote:
Rochin54 wrote:That's a pretty fantastic feat. One thing that would greatly help Stohl out, at least I think this, is drawing some fouls on guys that are grabing him and bodying him up. It will be inevitable that teams just start blanketing him on defense. This is tough, because it also inhibits our offense set from running efficiently. Right now, I think he is allowing guys to defend him with a little more force and contact than would generally be allowed.

I can tell he is working on it, but he's (and Rev) got to make the refs keep his defenders honest.

What about just setting some picks and screens so that some of those guys don't touch his shot at all? I love Rev's system, and at the same time, I wish we ran just a little bit more pick and roll to make the screens for shooters more effective... Oh well, how can you really complain about first in the nation?
Very Happy Very Happy

Ha - yea, really can't complain about that!

I think Jared probably could run off of picks a bit better as well. I actually like that we don't run a ton of plays especially for Jared, and have his shots come in the flow. Our fast breaking also helps get him some looks. I'd like to see us really keep pushing the ball.

Yeah, I think that running just a few more plays for him (screen and rolls or pick and rolls) against the very best competition we face--meaning Kentucky, Gonzaga, UW--might allow him to stay in the groove no matter what competition he faces. But, we are really spoiled as fans by everything that Jared has offered us in the past two years... Just amazing.

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum