Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USD

+14
GoUP
Geezaldinho
PurplePrideTrumpet
ktinpurple
dwm
decrink
saebo98661
A_Fan
karanicole
fan from afar
DaTruRochin
Harry Redknapp
UPSoccerFanatic
pilotfan4ever
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

USD - Page 2 Empty Re: USD

Post by Trenchcoat Wally Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 am

Here is a Google link to an overhead shot of the USD campus. (Sorry _I could not figure out how to post a picture of it.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=university+of+san+diego+sd+california&fb=1&gl=us&hq=university+of+san+diego+sd&hnear=California&cid=0,0,1405528941972512169&ei=33fETOOXBYGesQPj3I2gDA&ved=0CCMQnwIwAQ&ll=32.772997,-117.184939&spn=0.004854,0.006866&t=h&z=18

This is pretty darn funny.... Note how there is the soccer field (Valley Field) right next to the Torero Stadium. Too small for any fans though I guess... Well, maybe not for the amount of fans at USD.... Heck, they could have put those High Def cameras on top of that building at Valley Field.

What in the world is up with that soccer field half line stripe??? Am I going loony or is this some sore of major line stripe blunder? Maybe it is a secret new practice technique? This half line stripe thing is really confusing Trenchcoat. Maybe I'm missing something?

Trenchcoat

Trenchcoat Wally
Trenchcoat Wally
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gxm Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Trenchcoat Wally wrote:What in the world is up with that soccer field half line stripe??? Am I going loony or is this some sore of major line stripe blunder? Maybe it is a secret new practice technique? This half line stripe thing is really confusing Trenchcoat. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thats just an artifact of google maps' 45 degree view. If you switch to overhead view or zoom out a level, it is corrected.

gxm
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by slick Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 pm

They are trying to confuse the opponents' shooting aim .. by offsetting the shooting line to goal .. as in "parallax" .... !

slick
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum