Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa Clara match

+14
eProf
Stonehouse
golaso
DaTruRochin
purple haze
decrink
soccerjoy
Indigo Kid
A_Fan
SoreKnees
PurplePrideTrumpet
GUPhantom
Geezaldinho
slick
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Santa Clara match - Page 3 Empty Re: Santa Clara match

Post by Trenchcoat Wally Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Speaking of Jessica. I believe I posted after the final game last year that I felt Jessica should have been used as a offensive weapon. The chips were down for the Pilots and here is Jessica who scored a ton of goals in highschool and usually creates a chance on goal when she goes forward, hanging out playing back. My armchair coaching wanted her to be stuck in at forward for the last few minutes. She is a great weapon that is underused. She should be used for more offensive strikes. She is sturdy and gets stuck in against defenders. Jessica's a senior, she needs to be cut loose to help the Pilots win the title. I've seen her score one of the finest goals at Merlo I have ever seen. Wicked shot from about 20 yards. Big time goals scorer.
Has smith ever given her a run up front before? That would be fun to see. Could it be the change-up we just might need to pop in a goal in crunch time?
Trenchcoat
Trenchcoat Wally
Trenchcoat Wally
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Trenchcoat Wally: From your post to Garrett Smith's ears! I hope the message gets through. It would be awesome from this fan's Section B seat to see Jessica up front or even at right mid with more chances to go upfield. And if she didn't score she would likely set up someone else to score as she is an exceptional passer. Odds of this lineup change are slim -- Pilots are unkikely to make a field experiment at this stage. But ... it's worth more than a "dream on" moment for thsoe of us in the peanut gallery.

I agree that Kassi has done really well, coming on strong at the right time. But did Kassi's long minutes last weekend mean that Michelle O. is not fully healthy? Usually the Pilots share the time more evenly for fresh legs when there are two tough games close together.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 pm

purple haze wrote:I agree that Kassi has done really well, coming on strong at the right time. But did Kassi's long minutes last weekend mean that Michelle O. is not fully healthy? Usually the Pilots share the time more evenly for fresh legs when there are two tough games close together.

I think I remember a comment on this board last year to the effect the Michelle has some kind of chronic medical condition that sometimes limits her activity, but I don't remember any details. Am I making this up? Does anyone have more information?
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:30 pm

You aren't making it up. If you recall last year, she was wearing a portable heart monitor while she sat out and even after she came back for a while. That indicates she has a chronic problem, and is probably on some medication which can limit how much activity you can have sometimes. they can be hard to regulate, and if the doses aren't right, you can feel sluggish.

She probably has to go with how she feels. When she feels good, it's great for the team.

That and Kassi recovering from back surgeries is probably why that position has been by committee this year. Kristen Kelly is is the wings, too.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I can't see the bench from my seats, so I didn't know about the monitor.

We are blessed with great depth at that position this year, which makes it easier to survive with such an excellent player out of the lineup.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:20 pm

SoreKnees wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I can't see the bench from my seats, so I didn't know about the monitor.

We are blessed with great depth at that position this year, which makes it easier to survive with such an excellent player out of the lineup.
I'm not sure you could see the monitor, it was reportedly smaller than the size of an iPod. I just remember a report of her showing it off to her team mates.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Cross Conference has one more thing to add.

http://bit.ly/a3RDsN

Evil or Very Mad
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3