Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxhoven featured in Tribune

+4
UPFAN
fwill
jc
purple haze
8 posters

Go down

Foxhoven featured in Tribune Empty Foxhoven featured in Tribune

Post by purple haze Wed Sep 22 2010, 21:18

The Trib talks with Danielle about this season vs. last. Notable quote: "The team comes first for me. I know that when I'm frustrated, that's the thing that will get me through, is that we're winning."
http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=128510286066527700
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Foxhoven featured in Tribune Empty Re: Foxhoven featured in Tribune

Post by jc Thu Sep 23 2010, 07:42

This is an informative article, with admirable comments from Dani and with Garrett's views of what she brings to the game and what Micaela brings. A few others have noted here in the past that Dani in fact shows improvement this year even though her scoring is down, and I agree. For one thing, I think she is now stronger receiving the ball and distributing with her back to the goal.
jc
jc
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fwill Thu Sep 23 2010, 08:59

You are right, jc, but I still liked it better when Foxhoven was scoring loads of goals.
fwill
fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by UPFAN Thu Sep 23 2010, 09:58

Class act for sure. I still think she is better on the field than the bench for UP.
It seems like she has been in up top on a number of goals lately, no matter who has been the finisher (the game winner v TAMU with Hallie, the equalizer v Penn St with Sophie and another with Micaela to put Penn St away come to mind). I hope she continues with the great attitude and the wins keep coming no matter who is in. It is nice to have scoring coming from several different players with Micaela, Dani, Hallie, Sophie, Keelin, Taylor and even Michelle scoring. I think it would be great to see Elli up on the left wing, as I think she brings a huge scoring threat also. It seems like the stars are starting to align for the Pilots, so let's hope it just continues. Smile

UPFAN
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ejjqb Thu Sep 23 2010, 12:43

The thing that has stuck out to me is that when Dani has come into the game off the bench, the energy level on the field just seems to take off. She clearly comes into the game ready to give it her all and her team mates seem to step up their energy right along with her. I have to admit to being a bit puzzled when she was subbed out a couple of times after she really commanded the ball so well. In fact, Dani and Hallie both bring a different level of command of the ball than the frosh at this point. Their maturity shows well when they are in.

ejjqb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Sep 23 2010, 12:53

fwill wrote:You are right, jc, but I still liked it better when Foxhoven was scoring loads of goals.

Converting goals and setting up other players are different kinds of talents, but, equally important. Also, it's about playing together and peaking at the right time. We'll need Foxhoven's scoring ability more at the end of the season than right now...

I absolutely agree that Foxhoven has improved.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Thu Sep 23 2010, 21:25

A key is that the quality of Pilot strikers doesn't drop of when subs come in. Far from it! No matter who starts, there are known goal-scorers waiting their turn. The opposing D gets no rest. Sharing the wealth of goals shows that this is a team scoring effort and that passing, working, setting up teammates and being relentless are what put the ball in the net for this group. Foxhoven could have a breakout game at any time, and I hope to be there to see it.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Sep 23 2010, 21:28

purple haze wrote: Foxhoven could have a breakout game at any time, and I hope to be there to see it.

You are planning to be at the Stanford game?

Cool cheers
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Thu Sep 23 2010, 21:32

Only in spirit -- but I love the thought.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Fri Sep 24 2010, 06:07

Great credit to Dani for saying the right things in what has to be a really tough time for her personally as a player. It appears like she means it too. Her attitude has been spot on, and she gives it 100% when she is on the field.

Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down