Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USF Adds Coach With PDX Background

Go down

USF Adds Coach With PDX Background Empty USF Adds Coach With PDX Background

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:05 am

USFDONS.COM wrote: USF head men's basketball coach Rex Walters has added former Kansas standout Michael Lee as an assistant coach. Lee spent the last two seasons as an assistant at Gardner-Webb after spending the 2007-08 campaign as the graduate student manager at Kansas.

"Michael Lee will be a great addition to the staff," Walters said. "Coach Lee is someone I have known for a long time from our time at Kansas and I have continued to follow him as a professional player and then as an assistant coach at Gardner-Webb. Coach Lee adds instant credibility with our student-athletes in terms of player development and from the team success that he experienced at Kansas. We are excited that Michael decided to join us at USF and I am confident he will do a great job recruiting, coaching and working in the community."

Lee becomes the third member of the coaching staff with Jayhawk pedigrees, joining Walters and assistant coach Justin Bauman.

"It is a privilege to work under Coach Walters," Lee said. "He is truly a competitor as am I and this decision was a no-brainer for me. I'm honored to be at USF."

Lee played at KU from 2002-05 and helped the Jayhawks reach back-to-back Final-Fours (2002-03) and later served on the Jayhawks' national championship staff in 2008. During his playing career, Lee appeared in 118 career games and was an Academic All-Big 12 Second Team selection his senior season. The Oregonian graduated from Kansas with a bachelor's degree in sociology in 2005.
LINK

Back to top Go down

USF Adds Coach With PDX Background Empty Re: USF Adds Coach With PDX Background

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:51 am

Very cool. I wonder if bringing Lee in will give the Dons an "in" to the Jefferson talent pool, which isn't a bad talent pool to be wading in...

(Well that is if Jefferson still exists beyond this school year...)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down