Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keelin Winters Article

2 posters

Go down

Keelin Winters Article Empty Keelin Winters Article

Post by wrv Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:08 am

Not surprising that she had other offers . . .I guess it is somewhat surprising that she prefers soccer to basketball, but whose complaining.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pilotssoccer/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1194062160236980.xml&coll=7

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Keelin Winters Article Empty Re: Keelin Winters Article

Post by FANatic Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:54 am

Nice piece on Keelin. Interesting how she has improved so much to every challenge thrown her way. THAT, is a very positive sign for Pilots fans, indeed. (What, you didn't think I was going to throw in "indeed" at the end of that sentence? No such luck.)

A little birdie told me last winter that we had secured Keelin's commitment. I was told at the time that the Pilots' braintrust was very surprised in that she was not as heavily recruited as they thought she should have been. She somehow, I guess, flew somewhat under the radar of a lot of the major soccer schools. The Pilots happily scooped her up and felt very fortunate to land her. They were very happy that they had landed both Keelin and Sara, because they felt both of them were tremendously versatile and could play basically anywhere on the field.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down