Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country

4 posters

Go down

Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country Empty Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country

Post by Stonehouse Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Since there are no Butler or Duke players anywhere near Jared, it is now safe to say that our very own Jared Stohl was the BEST three-point shooter in the country last year:

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/ncaa-m-baskbl-div1-ind-three-point-field-goal-percentage.html

Truly an awesome accomplishment!!! Congrats to Jared, congrats to the coaches for finding Jared, and congrats to us because we get to watch him for one more year!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country Empty Re: Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Nearly 48%! That equates to a 72% rate for two-point scoring efficiency. And since the best FG% was 60%, Jared was the most efficient scorer in the country. cheers

Goal for next year: get more shots!

Back to top Go down

Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country Empty Re: Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:32 pm

up7587 wrote:Nearly 48%! That equates to a 72% rate for two-point scoring efficiency. And since the best FG% was 60%, Jared was the most efficient scorer in the country. cheers

Goal for next year: get more shots!

It isn't just 48% x 1.5 is it? I mean, he did take 2-point shots as well...
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Well, yeah, but I didn't bother to do any actual research.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:46 pm

We are quite lucky. That's the bottom line.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:08 pm

I am vindicated. I went to the PortlandPilots website to look up Jared's stats, and they are not updated since 02/02/10. So my lack of research is excused. Unless I go game by game through the box scores . . . (must walk away from computer).

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:35 pm

up7587 wrote:Goal for next year: get more shots!

That is going to be key for the Pilots next year. The last few games teams were able to play Jared so tight he couldn't get many shots off (and it's not like he needs much room).

Hopefully Jared will continue to improve his ability to drive, and his teammates will be able to draw a double team or two. That will free up many more looks at the basket.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Jared Finishes as Top Three Point Shooter in the Country Empty TJ did OK , too

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 am

AS long as we are mentioning NCAA stats, we should take note that TJ was 10th in free throw percentage, 20th in assists, and his .426 3 pt percentage would have placed him 11th on the NCAA ranking had he taken more shots.

Great season - great career.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down