Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only Video that is available is on SCU Site???

3 posters

Go down

The only Video that is available is on SCU Site??? Empty The only Video that is available is on SCU Site???

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm

No TV coverage even with Direct TV's 2000 stations. It appears that one has to buy a pass on the Santa Clara site. Sounds like a good night to "buddy up" and save on the price gouging price from the SCU site. At least the video has to be better than the pitiful stretchnet company that UP contracts with. (They should pay people to watch their stretchnet video, which is a shame because the announcers try their hardest) Just another factor with the program that I believe Rev has absolutely no control of but I have a strong suspicion who does control the contract with Stretchnet and UP. Shame , Shame , Shame.....a winning program with mediocre at best internet VIDEO Production.Oh well, I hope stretchnet gives out good kickbacks in the form of trips oversea's or Hawaii, or nice cruise's to whomever awards them their contract when its due up again. We wouldn't want to go with a professional company like CBS All Axcess or the like then Mesa would have to stop Bia'tching.

What do you think recruits parents think when they watch a Pilot game on stretchnet. I'm gonna run right out and send my kid there because I'll get to watch him like this for the next 4 years. Beating a Dead Horse Not every players parent can make every home game like Nik's, Ethans or Erics can. Believe me in this internet age the Pilots need somebody to step up to the plate and start performing their job and contributing to the athletics programs the way their job title says it is supposed to.

The End

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

The only Video that is available is on SCU Site??? Empty Re: The only Video that is available is on SCU Site???

Post by RiseUP Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:55 pm

It is on channel surfing also... http://channelsurfing.net/watch-santa-clara.html

RiseUP
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

The only Video that is available is on SCU Site??? Empty Re: The only Video that is available is on SCU Site???

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Confirmed; RiseUP is correct the game is streaming online at that link.

The PilotNation Chatbox is also open: LINK

GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:54 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:No TV coverage even with Direct TV's 2000 stations. It appears that one has to buy a pass on the Santa Clara site. Sounds like a good night to "buddy up" and save on the price gouging price from the SCU site. At least the video has to be better than the pitiful stretchnet company that UP contracts with. (They should pay people to watch their stretchnet video, which is a shame because the announcers try their hardest) Just another factor with the program that I believe Rev has absolutely no control of but I have a strong suspicion who does control the contract with Stretchnet and UP. Shame , Shame , Shame.....a winning program with mediocre at best internet VIDEO Production.Oh well, I hope stretchnet gives out good kickbacks in the form of trips oversea's or Hawaii, or nice cruise's to whomever awards them their contract when its due up again. We wouldn't want to go with a professional company like CBS All Axcess or the like then Mesa would have to stop Bia'tching.

What do you think recruits parents think when they watch a Pilot game on stretchnet. I'm gonna run right out and send my kid there because I'll get to watch him like this for the next 4 years. Beating a Dead Horse Not every players parent can make every home game like Nik's, Ethans or Erics can. Believe me in this internet age the Pilots need somebody to step up to the plate and start performing their job and contributing to the athletics programs the way their job title says it is supposed to.

The End

So, have you filed a formal complaint? FORM

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:16 am

AS I Sheepishly admonish myself for how good stretchnet sounds and even has looked this year compared to the SCU Sites version on CBS "All Axcess" last night Wink .

As we say down here closer to the border
"Muchas Gracias mi Amigo up7587 para el imformacion". I am just shocked I have never been shown this option before from the Nut,Geez or Stoney. I am sure other fans will be pleased to have this option in the future.

up7587 your a lifesaver.....

MesaPilot

PS- A formal verbal complaint was lodged on the evening of the Pepperdine game this year with the correct authorites.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:19 am

As I reflected on your concern last night, it occurred to me that it hasn't been too long that not only was there no video at all, but the radio broadcast signal was so poor as to be non-existent in SE Portland. So for some of us this is the golden age of Pilot media use.

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:23 am

up7587 wrote:As I reflected on your concern last night, it occurred to me that it hasn't been too long that not only was there no video at all, but the radio broadcast signal was so poor as to be non-existent in SE Portland. So for some of us this is the golden age of Pilot media use.

I do recall a few years ago someone having to drive through a certain portion of Portland just to get reception on the radio of the Pilot game,lol . Wow, do I feel like a spoiled brat Rolling Eyes . I recall when the University of Iowa hit the big time back in 1979 after Ronnie Lester took them to the final four. It only took about 3 yrs to start replacing the cooking,farm, and hunting shows with the home BB games on TV. I think the U of Iowa's enrollment was like 40-50,000 back then too..

I am amazed what basketballhead,and his little brother and sister can do with those I-Phones like Matty has.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down