Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelsey and Hailee

5 posters

Go down

Kelsey and Hailee Empty Kelsey and Hailee

Post by FANatic Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:29 am

Good point by Martin Jol in the "past favorite pilots" thread about Garrett not hesitating to use Hailee in goal this year. For those of you that do not know, both Kelsey, 2005, and Hailee, 2007, were Parade High School All-Americans. Both were NSCAA High School All-Americans. Kelsey, however, has much more youth national team experience.

Bottom line is, Garrett said before the season that he thought he had the two best college keepers in the country; that they were equally qualified to start; and that he wouldn't hesitate playing Hailee. Which he hasn't. Even in Conference games. (Big difference between conference and non-conference games as far as developing goalkeepers).

Apparently they plan on playing both for the next three years. (Kelsey is a redshirt Sophomore). I am told both keepers knew this when Hailee commited to play for the Pilots. It's a little difficult for me to understand how two of the best keepers in the country would agree to split time for three seasons. But it's been a blessing this year with Kelsey's concussion, and Hailee getting some real valuable "game" experience.

I expect Kelsey to start the rest of the way this season unless her head doesn't feel right. She is the most accomplished of the two keepers with lots of international experience to draw on. Hailee's a fine back-up this year, however. The next two years are going to be interesting. Competition should be fierce. A pleasant problem to have, indeed!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Kelsey and Hailee Empty Re: Kelsey and Hailee

Post by harryb Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:27 pm

Hailee could red-shirt one of those years.

Kelsey wasn't happy playing behind Val Henderson (to our benefit) and she wouldn't be happy playing behind Hailee.
harryb
harryb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm sure both players were told to check their egos at the door, and it doesn't appear that's been a problem so far.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out the rest of the season. I doubt we've seen the last of Hailee in 2007.
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzywozie Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:19 am

i luv both of our keepers this year. while i think kelsey is more assertive an vocal [i an hear her from the other end of the field], i have a feeling that hailee will end up being the better of the two. i dont know why, its just a feeling.

fuzzywozie
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:20 am

Last weekend David played one game and DeYoung the other; it will be interesting to see who plays on Sunday.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by harryb Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:51 pm

I was really impressed with the drop-kicks that Kelsey was doing in the Santa Clara game. I don't recall seeing her use a drop-kick before.
harryb
harryb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Back to top Go down