Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Recognition

+4
Geezaldinho
DaTruRochin
mattywizz
ShipstadPilot11
8 posters

Go down

Official Recognition Empty Official Recognition

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:48 am

I got my Pilot E-news from Tricia Miller this morning, and I noticed that under the heading "Follow the Pilots All Seaon Long" they listed Fan Forum: www.pilotnation.net! Congrats to our founders. From plucky rebels to part of the empire! Official Recognition Icon_lol

Is this the first time the U has promoted the website, or just the first time I noticed?

Back to top Go down

Official Recognition Empty Re: Official Recognition

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 am

Either way, that is awesome! Congrats you guys!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:05 am

I think that this is a credit to the posters as well. Many of you bring great insights and perspectives. I think the University is recognizing the quality of the posts and the respect shown to the other posters. So a big thanks also goes to everyone who posts on here and keeps it clean. If this was all trash-talk and insults I'm sure the university would not have given it any recognition. Great job by the moderators too (no, not you DTR, you have not been one long enough).
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 am

I hate you mattywizz. That is all.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:11 am

DaTruRochaldo wrote:I hate you mattywizz. That is all.
So much for the "respect shown to the other posters." Rolling Eyes

Honestly though, this is a very welcoming place to talk Pilot athletics. I totally agree with Matty.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:53 am

He drew first blood. It really required an unfounded and unjustified response.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:56 am

Look, I don't wanna have to moderate this discussion... I don't care who started it.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:53 pm

up7587 wrote:I got my Pilot E-news from Tricia Miller this morning, and I noticed that under the heading "Follow the Pilots All Seaon Long" they listed Fan Forum: www.pilotnation.net! Congrats to our founders. From plucky rebels to part of the empire! Official Recognition Icon_lol

Is this the first time the U has promoted the website, or just the first time I noticed?

We were actually mentioned last year, too. Pretty amazing considering the last couple of posts.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:57 pm

We are always looking for ways to promote the site... and would love suggestions! (The t-shirts are coming along, slowly but surely...)

Anyone volunteering to parachute onto Merlo Field with the game ball and a big Pilot Nation banner? Very Happy
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 pm

PilotNut wrote:We are always looking for ways to promote the site... and would love suggestions! (The t-shirts are coming along, slowly but surely...)

Anyone volunteering to parachute onto Merlo Field with the game ball and a big Pilot Nation banner? Very Happy

If you've got the money, I've got the time.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 pm

This is really, really cool.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:57 pm

I am glad the site received recognition. Now there will be more lurkers, and hopefully posters. Welcome all you lurkers, and feel free to post. If somebody jumps on you with your first few posts(Even if you cheer for Conference Powerhouse GU as long as Its not an "insult" or derogatory,inflamatory coment of Pilot Basketball I can guarantee the "Unofficial" founder of the "Unofficial" Portland Pilots Message board "Welcome Wagon" will probably express his opinion despite the consternation of many of our more civil posters.(2nd longest sentence,sorry+

I want to complement some of the folks who make this board possible, PilotNut,Rob's Jacket,and Sci-Fi. I would like to give you some history on how these three have worked together,and their backgrounds but I don't think thats necessary(or my place without their permission) and also DaRochin for stepping up and helping out.. It is nice to have these three put in countless hours on a "volunteer" board. I don't know if your aware , but you can look in the upper left hand corner of the front page and reach other WCC universitys "unofficial" web sites. One reason I bring this up this site has as has been told to me this site is volunteer administered,where and does not have to sell adds to mantain it's excistance . if you enjoy it feel free to donate to it,I bet even 5 dollars will help. Enough for my soapbox public announcement. I just feel these guys are probably just too humble to accept some of the credit.As in All message boards I've participated in there are difference's in opinions, some times feelings get hurt, or post's are misconstrued(sp) and taken in different context than which the poster really means. I personally want to thank these folks for tolerating some of these post's and this is a higher level board which some decorum is mantained thank to them.

At this time I want to public apoligize(sp) if any of the posters took offense to a "slang" verbage I wrote last week. Sometimes I forget that I am not just Posting semi-private messages to long time posters like Geez,Stoney,DaRoachin PilotNot,PPT,UP7587, Athletic James,Matty Whiss(lol sp,sorry), student posters,onr can tell by their age who they are etc (I know I forgot many of you and thanks for your insight and wisdom shared), others are reading them and may take them as "out of line" and a racist(error in Judgement on my part),sexist and offending post.WORLDS LONGEST SENTENCE,HMM . As my apology in the future with my posts I will attempt to restrain myself and keep my enthusiam toward the the mens program, players that our on the the current squad to a dull roar.Thank you for your patience and understanding for my "error's in judgement" and perceived errors in judgement. I never intended too post much when this board began but I feel so comfortable , and welcomed that some of my personal connections to the team are no longer a barrier to me.I ENCOURAGE YOU TO POST,LURK,ETC...because despite what I think of my "massive" knowledge (sic) I think I have for the team and the game of Basketball I 'learn" much knowledge and history of the Pilot BB Team. Sorry for my personal bio,but every message board usually has one person who "say's too much" and has "diareaha of the mouth" and I guess that is me. It is not intended in any narcistic, egomaniacal way. Once again, Beating a Dead Horse I am truely sorry if I have "offended" or hurt of any of you regulars on the board in the past. Rolling Eyes Whether that be recent or before that. I want to say "Congrat's" to one classy, top-notched board again

Sincerely,

MesaPilot1 sunny[i][u]

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling,grammar)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Well, I love you DaTruRochaldo. Killing you with kindness.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotfan4life Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm

mattywizz wrote:

Well, I love you DaTruRochaldo. Killing you with kindness.
Mattywizz, don't you mean killing him softly with your love?
pilotfan4life
pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Back to top Go down