Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cal Golden Bears Story

2 posters

Go down

The Cal Golden Bears Story Empty The Cal Golden Bears Story

Post by FANatic Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:36 am

Soooooo-------our home opener is this Friday night against the Cal Bears, another Pac-10 team.

I know the Pilots will be pumped for their home opener, and the first game jitters should be out of their systems. They will have worked on tightening up the back and should cut down on shots allowed, perhaps dramatically. The more training days the back line can play together, the better Cloee will get to know her mates and the Pilot system. As Cloee and Michelle O. play more together, the less work Kelsey will have to do. I don't expect her to have to make six saves again until maybe the playoffs.

I'm not familiar with the Cal Bears. Can someone fill me in our opponent?

Thanks!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

The Cal Golden Bears Story Empty Re: The Cal Golden Bears Story

Post by aleppiek Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:40 am

They have a superstar forward in Alex Morgan. She could give us fits if we don't play her tight... Might we see Elli moved back to mark her?

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/video/goalofthetournament.html

Her goal of the Tournament during the U-20 World Cup.

Outside of Morgan, I know nothing about Cal, and I'll leave that to Geez.

BTW welcome back Fanatic.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Thanks alep. actually, I didn't really come back by choice. I just woke up on game day Saturday, sat down at the computer, and as I was half asleep, I logged on to PN and here I am.

Weird...almost like magic. Or paranormal energy took me to the site subconsciously. Really don't know. Have been really burnt out by a personal project I have. So, I hate to say this but I haven't even thought much about the season until gameday. Then I slowly starting thinking about the team and nothing else. Don't think I'll be able to turn it off until the trophy is raised in texas in early December.

BTW - that's one cute little bear you've got there. (Correct me If I've got the animal wrong.)

Sounds like we need to shut down Alex Morgan on Friday night. Anybody got any ideas how we do that? Mark her with Elli as alep has suggested?

Calling all soccer experts!!!! Consider yourself challenged.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:55 pm

I see where you could think it was a bear... but that was his Monkey costume that he has outgrown. Grandma bought it off the sale rack not knowing how big he would be for this haloween.

On Morgan, I don't worry that Garett won't have a great strategy to neutralize her. I think we'll score to many for her to matter anyhow.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down