Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual HOF gripe

4 posters

Go down

Annual HOF gripe Empty Annual HOF gripe

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 am

One more year has passed. the backlog just gets bigger. This was an odd year, when the old white guys should have voted on new inductees.

There is no question that Shannon is retired and eligible.

There is no question that the best two UP teams in any sport are the two championship teams, not some Tennis team from the 50's

Did the doddering old guys do the right thing?

Will any Pilot ever again gain the hall? or is it closed forever?

And if someone besides a women's soccer player is nominated first, will they have the courage to refuse the honor?

The whole world is watching Suspect
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Annual HOF gripe Empty Re: Annual HOF gripe

Post by ekrauss Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:16 am

Have you written a letter to the athletic director explaining why the Hall is so important? If the AD gets a sense that those of us out there think it's important, then he'll act to get it moving. Otherwise it will continue on like this.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:03 pm

We should make a giant banner for the home opener demanding more soccer players in the Hall. Tifo party at Geezer's house! Goal Celebration!
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ekrauss Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:27 pm

The biggest problem is that there is no momentum right now for the Hall in general, not that it is ignoring soccer players. There is no one being inducted. Nothing has happened with the HOF since 2005. I don't think the AD really cares too much about the whole thing, so it's important to send letters to him individually to let him know that you think it's important to recognize the contributions of all past Pilot athletes in a systematic and coherent manner.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 pm

I agree with there being no momentum whatsoever. It's not as if Shannon and Tiffany haven't been recognized in other ways though...for their gold medals as Olympians, etc. I agree on the letter writing idea. Call me crazy, but, I really don't think the AD reads every post on this blog. Haha...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down