Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rev's pat hand

+2
ShipstadPilot11
upsailor
6 posters

Go down

Rev's pat hand Empty Rev's pat hand

Post by upsailor Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:13 pm

In reading Rev's twitter for the day, he speaks ofthe 13 players leaving the bbq and that is happy to play the up coming season with them.
To tell you the truth I don't think he has really spent liittle if any time on filling Hegarty's spot, other than a walk on.His focus is on '10 and '11 seasons. If Jasonn is the guy to back up Kramer and Robin I hope he has showen inprovment over the summer.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Rev's pat hand Empty Re: Rev's pat hand

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Don't forget about Luke...
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:34 pm

It's Rev's team to coach, he's the expert. But, I don't see Luke playing center too much. Who knows though. College is a different game, and there are some shorter guys who play center effectively...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Keep in mind that this is all just second-hand reports I've heard, but apparently Luke has been tearing it up in practice and open gyms since before the Australia trip and is looking really, really good. His shooting range has improved so much that I would wager we'd be more likely to see him play some minutes at the three rather than the five.

Remember... he missed all of last summer and the fall pre-season with a knee injury and I think he never quite got in synch (no, MattyWizz, not *NSYNC) during last seaons. And I know he also had some health problems that slowed him down his freshman year. But remember how awesome he was to start his freshman year? Double-doubles all over the place to go along with assists, blocks, and steals? I think we may see that Luke again this season, with the addition of some muscle, a better jump shot, and two years of experience.

I don't want to put too much on him, but I really think of anyone on the team he has the most break-out potential.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Digital Get Down?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Just you and me!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:25 pm

I agree with Stoney about Luke having potentially a breakout season. I think he will be the player to help the Pilot's improve to where they want to be this year compared to last year. I don't know about him at the three though, anything is possible. I just hope he remains the team's best kept secret weapon for WCC play. But, with a name like Sikma that is unlikely.

Jasonn is really needed to come through this year underneath to back up the three big's and provide some power and muscle(on defense especially) underneath, keep his unforced errors to a minimum, and toss in hooks and chippee's underneath like Kramer occasionally does. Obviously the O is going to run through TJ and Nik or Robin with them creating shot's for Stohl to drill.

I like the mix this year. I am curious about the recruit's that Rev. watched in Vegas. I guess early signing period in Nov will be a very interesting time in Pilot BB. world Smile

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:36 pm

I think with Rev's system the wealth will be pretty evenly shared, but, the guys who I actually see having breakout games would be Nik, TJ, or Luke. If Nik has a great EFF rating in the first half of a game again like last year against a weaker opponent, I hope Rev gives him the green like to take more shots this year. I think that TJ has the potential to possibly score on penetration more often than he did last year, and Luke could potentially score more as well with an increase in minutes. If I had to pick one guy though, it would be Raivio. When he's on, he just causes the most mismatches in my opinion.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down