Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Article on Pooh!

2 posters

Go down

Great Article on Pooh! Empty Great Article on Pooh!

Post by Stonehouse Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Firgured I would start a new thread for this. Really a terrific article! And as bad as I feel for Patty Mills (what terrible luck), here's hoping that Pooh can take advantage of the opprtunity it may allow:

In the four practices since Mills went down -- and since Jeter's paperwork issue was resolved -- Jeter has impressed coaches with skill and desire.

"Hunger," Blazers summer league coach Joe Prunty said, when asked what Jeter has shown in practice so far. "He's a guy that was frustrated that he couldn't get out there on the court and play that first day. What I've seen is a guy who's not afraid. Not only is he hungry to get out there and show his stuff, he's not afraid to get out there and compete. He's trying to push Jerryd. He's trying to run the team. I've seen a lot of positives."
"This is my dream, man," he said, smiling as he looked out onto the Blazers' practice courts. "I know I can make it in the NBA and I'm going to keep working to make my dream happen."

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2009/07/pooh_jeter_nearing_nba_dreams.html
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Great Article on Pooh! Empty Re: Great Article on Pooh!

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:18 am

I like his chances. There have always been a lot of shorter guards in the league like Avery Johnson. It's just that some players get the word "phenom" put by their names like Bayless who are a part of the bigger programs. Humble guys with a chip on their shoulder are probably easier to coach though...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down