Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kassi status

5 posters

Go down

Kassi status Empty Kassi status

Post by SoreKnees Wed May 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I think I remember seeing a post suggesting the Kassi would be back in the fall. Can anyone verify this? If she's back, how will we use her? She's got the speed to play outside back if we wanted to move Elli or Jessica up. Or I think she could play the outside midfield position.

What do the rest of you think? Will she be back and, if so, where will she play?
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Kassi status Empty Re: Kassi status

Post by fan from afar Thu May 21, 2009 3:55 am

I also would be very interested in Kassi's status. Do you any of you Portland insiders have any knowledge on that?

Sore knees - I agree about Kassi maybe being better on the outside. She is an aggressive risk-taker, maybe better suited to the outside. However, if you are talking about her in the starting lineup, who does she displace? If you move Elli or Jessica up (not a good idea in my humble opinion, but definitely plausible), who do they displace? Over the past months, many people on this site have suggested that Kassi should be starting, but if you have that opinion, you have to answer the basic question - if Kassi starts, who comes out? Kendra? Danni? Charney? A healthy Kassi is probably going to be the first sub, the 12th player on this team, assuming everyone stays healthy (huge assumption). And, what a great 12th player she would be, bringing in all that energy and fire. To answer your question, I think she could play anywhere in the arc from outside mid through outside back through central back.

Isn't this going to be fun, watching what Garrett does with all these good players?
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Thu May 21, 2009 11:18 am

Kassi has three more years of eligibility. Garrett will make sure she is completely healed before she is ready to play. At the time of the radio call in everything was on schedule for her return this fall.

Personally I expect Garrett to ease her back into the line-up and not start right away. I guess everyone is waiting to see if Chloee will be ready to start as a freshman. All indications are that she will. But playing for the national teams and playing in the NCAA are two different animals.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Fri May 22, 2009 5:16 pm

True, we may not know all the details...but after having spinal\back surgery....I think its more unlikely that we see Kassi playing this year. Love her....but I hope she decides to redshirt and take more time to heal. It seems more prudent to go even more slowly with a spinal injury to ensure overall health and well -being....versus recovery from ACL surgery for instance.

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri May 22, 2009 7:10 pm

GUPhantom wrote:True, we may not know all the details...but after having spinal\back surgery....I think its more unlikely that we see Kassi playing this year. Love her....but I hope she decides to redshirt and take more time to heal. It seems more prudent to go even more slowly with a spinal injury to ensure overall health and well -being....versus recovery from ACL surgery for instance.

GO PILOTS!!!

That was what I thought when I heard she was getting surgery. I also think that's how the coaching staff was thinking. There was talk about how she might be ready for conference or the playoffs.

But at the phone conference call, Garrett definitely said he thought Kassi would be ready for the start of the season.

She should just come back when she's ready. We have the depth to fill in until then. And she's SO much fun to watch when she's healthy.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down