Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot Recruit Visits Gonzaga

5 posters

Go down

Pilot Recruit Visits Gonzaga Empty Pilot Recruit Visits Gonzaga

Post by Stonehouse Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Ah rats:

http://www.guboards.com/showthread.php?t=20655

Joe Harris, a guard from Chelan, Washington has been high on Reveno's radar for a while now... there were several reports last season about Reveno being in the stands to watch him play and the scouting services say Portland has already offered.

But... he's from Eastern Washington, which is Gonzaga's bread and butter territory. I was hoping that GU would end up passing on him, but if he's visiting that means the coaches are likely going to offer. Darn. Let's just hope that Harris decides to be a bit different and go to a program on the upswing where he can be the go-to guy instead of possibly getting lost in the shuffle at GU.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Pilot Recruit Visits Gonzaga Empty Re: Pilot Recruit Visits Gonzaga

Post by Rob's Jacket Sat May 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Hitting my head agai

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat May 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Central Washington.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat May 02, 2009 10:31 pm

There are a lot of schools listed there that Harris has visited. It's not as if we're the only school that has recruited him...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun May 03, 2009 10:37 am

Bummer,

Wasn't that the player we were hoping would stay under the radar longer Stoney? I guess he blew up too fast too soon. OH WELL, nexxt!! Or maybe the Pilot's still have a shot. Thanks for the information .

If I were a player I would want to play immediately for an up and coming team. Sitting on the bench waiting to maybe Rolling Eyes play at another team doesn't sound to great to me.

MesaPilot

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sun May 03, 2009 1:46 pm

coldsmokeAT wrote:Central Washington.

Meh... if it's ugly, brown and kinda hilly, it's Eastern Washington to me. Ooooooohhhh.... BURN.

I don't think we should give up on Harris... anything can happen with recruiting, and the fact that he's from a small town and small school could possibly be a plus for UP if he prefers a smaller college.

I was just kind of bummed to see that he was visiting Gonzaga, since from what it kinda sounds like he would accept if they offered. But we've got to keep the faith... Reveno has been after him for a while, so there's always hope.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Stonehouse wrote:I was hoping that GU would end up passing on him, but if he's visiting that means the coaches are likely going to offer.

Really? I don't know how basketball recruiting works. It seems that in football players can visit 5 schools, but I don't know if that means they need an invite, or that they automatically get an offer. Any knowledgeable ones care to enlighten us on bball recruiting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sun May 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Well, the way I understand it, a visit can either be unofficial or official. Unofficial visits are paid for by the recruit and (not sure on all the particulars of this part) the coaches can't do as any of the sillier recruiting tactics... i.e. jerseys made up for players with their names on it, nameplates in lockers, etc.

Official visits are paid for by the school. This usually involves flying a kid up to the school, having him stay with a player, etc. This is the full nine yards type, with fancy dinners and the hard sell and all that. A school won't pay for an official visit unless they are really serious about a player. Kids are only allowed five of these official visits.

Generally speaking, a player will take unofficial visits to local schools and save their official visits for out-of-state schools. Makes more sense that way.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun May 03, 2009 4:45 pm

It sounds like we're only one of 9-11 schools that are recruiting him. Unless he's blown away by our campus, improving program, and undeniable coolness, I'd expect him to stay closer to home...

It also sounds like there were 2-3 unofficial visits to WSU already...at least according to the GU spies if they are credible sources (which is highly doubtful)...

--------------------------

By the way, did anyone else notice that our name is also attached to Center John Gage of Vashon Island on that blog link? Pretty cool.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun May 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Here's a video highlight of John Gage from Vashon...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1120257/john_gage_hits_game_winner_for_vashon_island_vs_kings_longer/
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down