Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List your top 5-10 favorite beers here...

+12
blacksheep
PurplePrideTrumpet
Stonehouse
mattywizz
VillaGorilla
Rob's Jacket
Rochin54
pilotram
DaTruRochin
PilotNut
Geezaldinho
onetouchfutbol
16 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

List your top 5-10 favorite beers here... - Page 6 Empty Re: List your top 5-10 favorite beers here...

Post by DaTruRochin Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am

Cavs'? I wasn't aware basketball was still played after the Pilot's season was over...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

List your top 5-10 favorite beers here... - Page 6 Empty Re: List your top 5-10 favorite beers here...

Post by ohhh_yeah Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Cheers!

1. Prost!
2. Hopworks
3. Ninkasi
4. Amnesia
5. Widmer
6. Laurelwood
7. Lucky Lab
8. Deschutes
9. Alameda
10. Rogue
11. Newcastle
12. Roots
13. Diamond Knot
14. Terminal Gravity
15. New Belgium
16. Alaskan
and then this
up7587 wrote:1. whatever's in my hand

***SUBJECT TO CHANGE***
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 pm

PilotNut wrote:A new seasonal favorite, but pretty much a given since I am a fan of crisp ambers and Bavarians:

List your top 5-10 favorite beers here... - Page 6 24195010

It's back. PilotNut is happy.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:07 am

Although now that you can go to Prost and get marzen style beers year round we don't have to wait for this anymore...

But my ultimate dream would be to have this place replicated brick by brick (shhhhhhh OLCC there's nothing to see here): http://www.augustinerbier.at/?id=5&L=1
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Mine eyes have seen the glory that is Mirror Pond in the Twin Cities. And every other package Deschutes distributes. As well as all Widmer's. Shall I go on? Have just found the best beer in a can. Better than Dale's Pale Ale. Surly's Furious. A local Minnesota beer. My only disappointment is that I am in a hotel room and did not bring one of my pint glasses. I guess I could try a paper cup...
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:25 am

I dont know... Oly tall boys are pretty tasty...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:37 pm

List your top 5-10 favorite beers here... - Page 6 Sob-ni10

This was my first experience with Southern Oregon Brewery. For those of you who would like a milder IPA, this was a good one. I bought it because I liked the label Very Happy
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 am

blacksheep wrote: I bought it because I liked the label Very Happy

This is a legitimate reason to buy a beer. To buy it a second time it has to taste good!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 pm

But, oddly enough, not a legitimate reason to buy wine... I tried that once in Croatia, and the smiling sailor on the front that advertised happiness, was happy because the wine tasted like vinegar and tank fuel...

I suppose I should have known better buying Croatian wine, but i mean i was across the Adriatic from Italy so why not??
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:04 pm

New "Irish Pub" in town recently - 20 beers on tap. Not bad. Went last night for "$3 dollar craft beer" night. Ummm....turns out it was only one craft beer that was $3 while the rest of them were regular price.

Had the Magic Hat Number 9, which was the special. Not good. Had some citrus/fruit thing going on. I'm not into that kind of thing (not that there's anything wrong with it.

Next on the list....well, can I have a beer list please? Ooohh, Dead Guy on tap. Had to get it. I think Dead Guy is a solid brew.

Being a good IPA lover, I had to wrap it up with some hops. Got the Victory Brewing (PA) Hop Devil.....yummy! It's one of those beers that you only like if you legitimately like hops. Reminded me of the C-Note down at the New Old Lompoc a little bit. Maybe not as much malt as the C-Note. Anywho, a great beer for those that like that genre. So if you're on the east coast or in the midwest and need a fix, get it!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:27 am

I had a chance to visit the Magic Hat brewery when I was up in Burlington, VT last year. It is an interesteing and very eclectic place. Most of their beers have that fruity taste/aroma thing going. Something to do with the hops they use (not Northwestern). I didn't really like most of their beers, but they did have one good one, their H.I.P.A (highPA). It tasted more like a northwestern IPA than an eastern IPA, more hops and less malts. Also their tour is self guided, you can watch their bottling process for hours upon hours, kinda fun.

If you lliked the Hop Devil, might I suggest the Hop Wallop. It is their Double IPA and very tasty.

Last night I went down to my first choice beer store and to my surprise they expanded the Wisconsin beer selection. In fact I didn't even make it past the Wisconsin beers. Picked out a couple new brews; O'so IPA, and Potosi IPA (can you tell my favorite style). Apparently there are some brewers in this damn state who CAN make an Ale, not just Lagers.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Life is good. My Pilots are winning, and Pliny is back on tap.
( the publican was a little embarrassed when I hugged him....)
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:23 am

Pilot loss got you down? Don't despair.

Go to the second day of the Portland Polish Festival tomorrow.

Get one or more of these:
List your top 5-10 favorite beers here... - Page 6 Zywiec
(it's pronounced zih-VEECH)

Have a kielbasa while you're at it.

You're welcome. Cool
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 am

Alright, who has tried all the beer from this list:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/06/the-funniest-beer-names-o_n_779928.html?utm_campaign=110610&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-comedy&utm_content=FullStory&utm_term=Comedy+Brief#s137728
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm

As I've said before, I'm really not a fan of New Belgium beers. BUT, i feel like they have another winner in their 2 Below Ale. A tasty winter ale it is. I apologize, New Belgium.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:51 pm

I found a tremendous deal on Pliney in Seattle:

Bambino's Pizzeria in Belltown has a Happy Hour with Pliney the Elder on tap for $2 / pint. In addition, they've got some Czech beers in bottles that will allow me to tap into my heritage a bit...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bambinos-pizzeria-seattle#query:Bambino%27s%20Pizza
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Honorable mention: the Czech Republic's Krusovice Cerne--- dark beer with a carmel taste. Yum.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Picked up some Widmer Pitch Black IPA. Tasty little beer. Not going to slam you with hops like a traditional PNW IPA. Got a nice mild hoppiness that lingers though. Good compliment to the darker, roasty malts.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:40 pm

blacksheep wrote:Alright, who has tried all the beer from this list:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/06/the-funniest-beer-names-o_n_779928.html?utm_campaign=110610&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-comedy&utm_content=FullStory&utm_term=Comedy+Brief#s137728

I don't know about all of it, but, I have had the Rogue beer listed as well as Elysian's The Men's Room.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:23 am

pilotram wrote:Picked up some Widmer Pitch Black IPA. Tasty little beer. Not going to slam you with hops like a traditional PNW IPA. Got a nice mild hoppiness that lingers though. Good compliment to the darker, roasty malts.

Where did you find this? I recall that this Cascadian Dark Ale (CDA) was their W'10 special. I loved it but have not seen it since last year.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 am

VillaGorilla wrote:
pilotram wrote:Picked up some Widmer Pitch Black IPA. Tasty little beer. Not going to slam you with hops like a traditional PNW IPA. Got a nice mild hoppiness that lingers though. Good compliment to the darker, roasty malts.

Where did you find this? I recall that this Cascadian Dark Ale (CDA) was their W'10 special. I loved it but have not seen it since last year.
Here in CO. According to RateBeer, it's the same beer as W'10 special, I think. I miss my PNW beers!
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:59 am

Sounds like they are making the W'10 a regular seasonal then, which is great news as far as I'm concerned, I quaffed my fair share of the black stuff when it first came out. (Whey did the same thing with W'06... Which we all know now as Brrr)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:26 am

Mmmmm......Brrrrr...
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

List your top 5-10 favorite beers here... - Page 6 Empty A question..

Post by Geezaldinho Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Can they actually call a beer " Hop stoopid" without actually putting hops in it?

Just askin'
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue May 10, 2011 6:56 pm

I had the Hop Stoopid at our brewfest here a couple weeks ago. I thought it was a pretty good beer.

If you want to try a beer without hops try Nebraska Brewing's Double IPA "Hop God" It has less hops than Coky on the basketball court.

Also, at the aforementioned brewfest I was talking to the girls from New Belgium and told them I thought Ranger was almost good enough to pass for a Northwest IPA. They took it as a compliment. And gave me a five foot "beer ranger" banner.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next